Kocjo
Slovenija gre naprej!
KlemenL
Supporter

Post by KlemenL »

Klemen,
Any info on this battle?

What battle? :wink:

What do you wanna know about the capture of Sarajevo in 1945? Try in the future be more specific in your questions, i.d. what sort of information are you looking for or else I am afraid you won't get much replies.

Lp,

Klemen

p.s.
Se bi v tvojem non-petit arhivcku nasla tudi kaksna fotografija Madzarov v Prekmurju 1941-1945? Prijatelj bi rad videl kaksno, in ce sem iskren tudi jaz. :wink:
US PGA Commentator - "One of the reasons Arnie (Arnold Palmer) is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them .... Oh my god!!!!! What have I just said?!!!"
Kocjo
Enthusiast

Post by Kocjo »

I need info on units from both sides, which units were there!

BTW. Imam slike Madzarov, toda drugo vprasanje je ali so v Prekmurju. Ko bom v arhivu, bom malo pobrskal se zate in frenda, OK!

Regards,
Kocjo
Slovenija gre naprej!
KlemenL
Supporter

Post by KlemenL »

I need info on units from both sides, which units were there!
YUGOSLAV ARMY:
* 3rd Corps with 27th and 38th Divisions was to advance from Podromanija to Sarajevo
* 2nd Assault Corps (south of the 3rd Corps) with 3rd Montenegrian Assault Division moving from Trnovo to Ilidza, 29th Herzegovinian Division through Ivan Sedlo to Blazuj and 27th Division had the task to check Pale and to move from there to Sarajevo.
* west of Sarajevo, between Kiseljak and Busovaca, wa ssituated the 5th Corps with 4th and 10th Divisions.
* Zenica sector was held by the Zenica Sector Brigade Group made up of the 11th Brigade of the 4th Division, 13th Brigade of the 39th Division and 18th Brigade of the 53rd Division reinforced by an artillery brigade and a tank company of the 5th Corps. Altogether the strength of the Yugoslav forces totalled about 38,000 men and 96 artillery pieces.

GERMAN-CROATIAN ARMY:
The area of Sarajevo was defended by the German 7th Waffen-SS Gebirgs-Division "Prinz Eugen", 369th German-Croatian Legionary Division, 181st German Jäger Division, 8th Croatian Infantry Division, 9th Croatian Infantry Division and 15th Croatian Infantry Division, in addition to about dozen other independent units such as the 964th German Fortress Brigade defending Jabalnica-Ilidza-Trebevic sector, 5th Russian (ROA) Volunteer Corps at Glog, SS-Polizei Regiment "Nagel" (never heard of this unit??) on the communication line Doboj-Visoko and several Croatian Ustasha brigades, incuding, I believe, the "notorious" 11th Ustasha Active Service Brigade.
BTW. Imam slike Madzarov, toda drugo vprasanje je ali so v Prekmurju.
Poslji jih, pa bomo presodili ali so ali niso. :wink:
. Ko bom v arhivu, bom malo pobrskal se zate in frenda, OK!
Ja no prosim.

Lp,

Klemen
US PGA Commentator - "One of the reasons Arnie (Arnold Palmer) is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them .... Oh my god!!!!! What have I just said?!!!"
Kocjo
Enthusiast

Post by Kocjo »

Thanks Klemen.

About SS-Pol.Rgt. Nagel, I have heard of this unit, also was in Slovenia.

Slikce bom objavil na netu v threadu "Pictures from MNZS", ce bos videl kaj zanimivega mi povej. Sam dej mi nekaj casa!

LP,
Klemen
Slovenija gre naprej!
KlemenL
Supporter

Post by KlemenL »

About SS-Pol.Rgt. Nagel, I have heard of this unit, also was in Slovenia.
No, bos potem kdaj kaj vec povedal o njej.
Slikce bom objavil na netu v threadu "Pictures from MNZS", ce bos videl kaj zanimivega mi povej. Sam dej mi nekaj casa!
Ma ni panike. Pa daj raje odpri kaksno novo sekcijo, ker drugace se mi tiste slike odpirajo celo vecnost. Nisem vedel, da so na MNZS postali zadnje case tako radodarni z slikami. Pred leti mi je prijatelj iz tujine pripovedoval, da jih je moral dobesedno prositi na kolenih za slikco ali dve. Ob placilu, se razume.

Ajde, drz' se,

Klemen L.
Kocjo
Enthusiast

Post by Kocjo »

KlemenL wrote:Ma ni panike. Pa daj raje odpri kaksno novo sekcijo, ker drugace se mi tiste slike odpirajo celo vecnost. Nisem vedel, da so na MNZS postali zadnje case tako radodarni z slikami. Pred leti mi je prijatelj iz tujine pripovedoval, da jih je moral dobesedno prositi na kolenih za slikco ali dve. Ob placilu, se razume.

Sem sem jih odeloval 2 leti, toda glede na dejstvo, da eden od mojih mentorjev dela v muzeju (g. Vanja Martincic) in na dejstvo, da so sponzorirali mojo raz.nal. (s zastonj slikami), imam zdaj skoraj popolnoma neomenjen dostop do slik.

LP,
Klemen aka Kocjo
Slovenija gre naprej!
KlemenL
Supporter

Battle for Sarajevo, March 1945

Post by KlemenL »

Zivjo Kocjo,

As I have promised, I'm writing you down a new detailed Order of Battle for the German, Croatian and Yugoslav Forces in the Sarajevo Operation, which took place during 28 March - 10 April 1945.

German & Croatian Forces:
In March 1945, the area of Sarajevo was under the command of the German 21st Mountain Army Corps, which was headquartered in Sarajevo. The corps units were positioned on the following locations:
- 181st German Infantry Division reinforced by a regiment size Kampfgruppe BERGMANN, a battalion (bojna) of the 1st Ustasha Brigade, 200 Gendarmes and 120 Ustasha militiamen along the communication line Sarajevo-Sokolc and Sarajevo-Pale-Stambolcic
- 964th German Fortress Brigade, parts of the 1st Ustasha Brigade and a battalion of the 18th Ustasha Brigade on the communication line Vojkovici-Jablanica and in the area of Trnovo and Umoljani
- 369th German-Croatian Legionary Division and 2nd Ustasha-Domobran Mountain Brigade on the line Pazaric-Tarcin-Ivan sedlo
- 9th Ustasha Brigade, a battalion of the 1st Ustasha and 18th Ustasha Brigade on the line Rajlovac-Ilijas-Visoko
- SS-Polizei Regiment "NAGEL" (minus 2nd Battalion), 11th Ustasha Brigade and a battalion of the 1st Ustasha and 18th Ustasha Brigade in the area of Kiseljak, Busovaca, Zenica and Visoko
- 803rd, 834th, 920th and 935th German Landesschützen Battalion, parts of the 5th Russian Security Corps, 969th German Fortress Brigade, 359th Infantry Regiment of the 181st Infantry Division, 2nd Battalion of the SS-Polizei Regiment "NAGEL", 3rd Ustasha Supplement Brigade, various Ustasha, Domobran and Gendarmerie auxiliary forces along with nearly 3,000 wounded German and Croatian soldiers were kept for the defense of the Bosnian capital of Sarajevo and or its close vicinity.
-On top of that the 7th German SS-Gebirgs-Division "PRINZ EUGEN" was kept in the strategical reserve west of Sarajevo.

Yugoslav Forces:
The task to capture Sarajevo was given to the "Operative Headquarters for the Liberation of Sarajevo" (formed 17.III.1945). The headquartes had on disposal the following forces:
- 2nd Yugoslav Assault Corps with 3rd, 29th and 37th Divisions
- 3rd Yugoslav Corps with 27th and 38th Divisions
- Operative Group of the 5th Yugoslav Corps with 4th and 10th Divisions
- the Brigade Group of the Zenica Sector with 11th Krajiska Brigade of the 4th Division, 13th Krajiska Brigade of the 39th Division and 18th Middle-Bosnian Brigade of the 53rd Division
- Artillery Brigade and a tank company of the 5th Corps
Total 38,000 men and 96 artillery pieces

The casualties of the German-Crotian Forces, were according to the estimate of the Yugoslav Army, around 5,700 KIA (:?:), ca. 6,000 POW and unknown number of WIA. The losses of the Yugoslav Forces were naturally smaller with 637 KIA, 2,020 WIA and 27 MIA in the field.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Klemen