Ukraine, Nov-Dec 1943...

German campaigns and battles 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

panzerschreck1
Enthusiast

Post by panzerschreck1 »

Cpa 95 wrote in the woronjez-Don line topic...
its the Dr. Schwarz from the 88. Infantrie-Division, the two books are regarding to the 88. ID and 323. ID in the Woronesch-Don-line.
Publisher: Truppenkameradschaft 88.ID/323.ID
Hi Thomas a new point of interest from the Schwarz book has occured see the question mentioned above, ( 88th and 323 ID defending positions around Kiew....

Thomas help me out with this one please :wink: :up:
"Perish any man who suspects that these men either did or suffered anything unseemly."[
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Patience is not your strong point , isn't it ? :wink:

Jan-Hendrik
panzerschreck1
Enthusiast

Post by panzerschreck1 »

Because i'm a ww2 fanatic especially considering the eastern front!
But in traffic and normal life i'm lazy as can be :wink:

But talking about these battles around Kiew makes me jittery and the investigating animal :evil: comes out and takes over control!!!!!!!
"Perish any man who suspects that these men either did or suffered anything unseemly."[
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Get the book by Hinze , it contains nothing more than 600 pages of info , underlined with about 50 or 60 Maps :shock:

Jan-Hendrik
Marko
Enthusiast

Post by Marko »

Hi panzerschreck1!

Here's a couple of answers to your questions.

75.Inf.Div. retreated southwards in a moving pocket and reached the new front-line at Bijela Zerkow where it was then (or rather its remnants) subordinated to 2.SS-Pz.Div. (Gruppe Krüger ?).

GD crossed Dneper far more to the South at Kremenchug, so if you look at a map you'll see it was never really close to Kiew.

I'd recommend you an excellent book on what is apparently your favorite unit - Korps.Abt. C, from Wehrmacht im Kampf series Wolfgang Lange: Korpsabteilung C. :up: :up:

Marko
Christian
Patron

Post by Christian »

Get the book by Hinze , it contains nothing more than 600 pages of info , underlined with about 50 or 60 Maps

You are absolutely correct. At this point this is probably the best book covering these events and the maps are quite nice as well.

Cheers

Christian
panzerschreck1
Enthusiast

Post by panzerschreck1 »

Thanks for the info Marko! :up:
I will definately try to get the book of Wolfgang Lange and dr Schwarz his book about the 88 and 323 I.D.

On the second map showing the battles around Kiew it amazes me how strong actually the partisan attacks were, considering the high numbers of security divisions in one area..

The soviet army giving the partisans/male population of the Ukraine 2 choices: fight against the germans or get punished/send to the gulags by the soviets after capture of the Ukraine..
It was around that time that the massive partisan attacks formed to harras the german positions in the rear..

A lot of outposts of the german army were attacked by the partisans as well as several rear units.