Ardie VF 125

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

CrazyCatman

Ardie VF 125

Post by CrazyCatman »

Hi.

I am the lucky owner of an 1940 Ardie VF125 motorcycle. This was actually made in Nürnberg at the Ardie plant from 1940 untill the factory was bombed in 1942 (or 1943?).
The VF125 was an evolution of the S125 "Junior" wich was builded in 1939-1940 and costed 435 Reichmark. When the VF-model takes over, it might end the Aride-brand as personal motorcycles to military bikes only.

As far as I has found the VF125 is only made as military model and used by Gestapo.
If any has information that it has been used elsewhere, please let me know.
I have begun that major task of rebuilding this 70 year old machinery into something that might again be driving... Tho I have a major task ahead.

The frame which in the end will be the bike is here:
Repainted after the war, but I found a clean spot of feldgrau paint which I want my painter to make an exact match of...
Some parts tho are rusty and can't be safed - but hopefully I will get to find all that I need to make it complete.

I use the factory photo alot to find the right parts and make the work complete - but I also use this photo, which I found on the Internet (on autogallery.org.ru), which should be of a Gestapo soldier on the East Front:
As far as the license place is concerned I agree that it's a Gestapo bike.

One particular thing that I deffently need to ask about, is of anyone knows the correct measures of a German military license plate?
Does you know if I can trace back the bikes history by it's framenumber? Maybe even find the correct license plate?

Apart from the frame I have a gasoline tank, the engine and so on, so my quest isn't entirely hopeless - tho it might seem like it :wink: I hope to get to you the complete resault when it ready...
But I hope you can help me out with some of the details.

Ardie VF 125
Engine: Ardie, 123ccm (51x60 mm), 1 cylinder, 2 stroke, 3-speed (food and hand shift)
5 HP @ 5100 RPM
Topspeed of 76 km/h. 20-40 km/h in 3,8 sec (in 3rd speed). 30-60 km/h in 14,5 sec.
10,5 liter gasoline tank with a use of 1,7 liter / 100 km @ 50 km/h - 3,5 liter / 100 km @ full speed.

Wheels: 2,50 x 19 inch with 125mm drum-brakes. Chain and breaks is in the right side.

Measures:
Lenght = 1930mm
Width = 700 mm
Height = 930 mm
Wheel base = 1250 mm
Handlebar = 690 mm
Weight = 78 kg (15,6 kg/HP)
Bill Getz

Re: Ardie VF 125

Post by Bill Getz »

Hello,

I bought one (1 year ago). She comes from a barn in the east of France (near Switzerland).
The paint is original (no license plates).

Two other vintage pics:

Source : http://www.autogallery.org.ru/i/ynomwl1.htm

Ps : I live in France
CrazyCatman

Post by CrazyCatman »

Hi Bill,

That's a well pesserved one you've found :-) I hope mine will end up looking like that. Your very detailed pictures is great help for me - thank you very much :)
My biggest problem is that I don't have the license plates for mine (is yours the original or from another motorcycle?) - I only have the frame number. But I hope I will still be able to get some imformation from the Central German viechle headquater. The office in Nürnberg couldn't help me, but I tried them because Ardie is made in Nürnberg untill the plant was destroyed in 1942 or 43 (I just forgot the excat year).

Please let me know if you want to sell this one ;)

Can I persuade you to make some measures (and maybe a drawing) of the licenseplates?
Bill Getz

Post by Bill Getz »

Hello,
I still have that ardie. ;-) Did you finish your ardie ?
Just found pdf version of Ersatzteilliste (Parts catalog) für die Aride Vf 125 : http://www.ardie.de/images/PDF/ARDIE-S1 ... R%20ET.pdf
From : http://www.ardie.de/index.php/de/litera ... teillisten

The license plates are copies, rear was stolen after a exhibit.
You can found them easily in a military fair.
Pierreb32

Post by Pierreb32 »

Hy, my grandpa just gave me one.
I live in France.
I need lots offre parts, do you have some links or advises ?