2cm Flak-Vierling on russ.T-34

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Christoph Awender
Patron

2cm Flak-Vierling on russ.T-34

Post by Christoph Awender »

Hello!

According to the Gliederung of s.Pz.Jg.Abt.653 of 1.Juli 1944 the Fla-Zug of the Stabskompanie under command of Stabsfeldwebel Voigt had 1x 2cm Flak-Vierling, 1x 2cm Flak-Vierling auf russ.T-34, 1x 2cm Flak-Vierling auf Sfl.

The T-34 must look interesting. Is there a foto anywhere?

Christoph
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

Yes, the T-34/2cm flakvierling served with the gruppe Führer along with a bergepanther with pzkpfw IV turret and a command tiger. The T-34 had the three colour pattern. There's a picture of the t-34/2cm flakvierling in concord publications 'soviet tanks in combat 1941-1945', it's written by Steven J Zaloga, I highly recommend the book.

This is the picture from the book, I found it on achtungpanzer.com. Notice the ammunition boxes on the sides of the tank.

I hope that I've answered your question!

regard
Last edited by charlie don't surf on Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Hurst
Supporter

Re: Flakpanzer T.34

Post by Robert Hurst »

Hi Chris

I thought you may like to know that there is some info with regard to your post on the Achtung Panzer site.

Included is a photo of the quad version of this weapon.
Christoph Awender
Patron

Thanks

Post by Christoph Awender »

Hello!

Thanks to all for the help!

According to the KTB the conversions were made by the Waffenmeister Stabsfeldwebel Anton Brunnthaler of the Werkstattkompanie 653 who was a skilled man and loved to do such experiments.
He made this 2cm Vierlings T-34, a Bergepanther with 2cm Vierling and 2 T-34 ammo transporter.

Christoph
Paul_9686
Associate

Post by Paul_9686 »

Necessity may be the mother of invention, but boy, can she give birth to some incredible children!

I'd never even heard of this before. That Brunnthaler fellow was a genius!

Yours,
Paul