Sturmpanzer IV Brummbar of 4th. Panzerdivision

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Filipe

Sturmpanzer IV Brummbar of 4th. Panzerdivision

Post by Filipe »

I'm modeler and i make the Sturmpanzer IV Brummbar in early version used in 1943 in Kursk in Eastern Front on 4th Panzerdivision.
it's the early version whithout zimmerit and lateral protections, it's the first tank delivered to 216th Sturmpanzerabteilung.
I want to know what the units used this tank in this place at this time, i need information of markings and insignia of these divisions.

Can anyone help me ??

Best Regards,
Filipe Araújo
Bryson C

Post by Bryson C »

The 4th Panzer Division was not issued any Sturmpanzer IV, the only unit to be issued Sturmpanzer IVs at Kursk was Sturm-Pz.Abt.216 which had 45 Sturmpanzer IVs. This unit was independent.
Filipe

Post by Filipe »

Havy the marks and insignia of this ??
richard hedrick
Supporter

Post by richard hedrick »

Here is what i think is one of the best samples of Stu.Pz.Abt.216 markings in Russia, I have never noticed any unit id markings on Stu.Pz. of Stu.Pz.Abt.216.
I think you will find little photo evidence of Series 1 Stu.Pz. without the schuerzen, although they seemed to have left the factory without them by July 1943 i believe most would have had them installed. The order to add them originated, i believe, in March of 1943.

During this time Stu.Pz.Abt.216 was assigned to s.Pz.Jg.Rg.656 as its third battalion.

richard
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

Filipe

Begin considerably lazier than you I just purchased two Brummbar from 21st century toys for 15.00 US a piece. And they are sweet.

But then I have no artistic ability and use my stuff solely to set up battles. These guys are in 1/32 scale with Normandy style cammo and side skirts.

And show what a bum I actually am I'm using them for the heavy Infantry gun element of my pz gren regiment. Can't find Bison / Grille anywhere!

Here's hoping you have as much fun with yours as I will with mine!

Happy New Year to All!
Reb