Desperately Seeking DRK Information

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
RyanBecht

Desperately Seeking DRK Information

Post by RyanBecht »

Alles,
I belong to the 1SSPzDiv LSSAH reenactment unit here in the midwest...my wife has been doing a DRK impression since last year, and we are unhappy with the small amount of knowledge we have available to us on the DRK uniforms & rank structure. We are seriously looking for more help. She wants to expand her unit and recruit more women for it, but she (actually, we) are perfectionists & we need to understand more about this organization so that it can be replicated to a higher degree of historical accuracy. We have the Angola book, etc., what we really want is to correspond with someone who actually knows about the DRK...perhaps a vet or a friend of a vet?
My Grandmother is a Luftwaffe veteran (flakhelferin) and she SAW several DRK, but outside of that, even she can't help with this.
Can anyone help us?
Thanks in advance!
Meine Ehre Heisst Treue
SS-Oscha R. Becht
IStab/1SSPzDivLSSAH
Flieger

Re: Desperately Seeking DRK Information

Post by Flieger »

RyanBecht wrote:Alles,
I belong to the 1SSPzDiv LSSAH reenactment unit here in the midwest...my wife has been doing a DRK impression since last year, and we are unhappy with the small amount of knowledge we have available to us on the DRK uniforms & rank structure. We are seriously looking for more help. She wants to expand her unit and recruit more women for it, but she (actually, we) are perfectionists & we need to understand more about this organization so that it can be replicated to a higher degree of historical accuracy. We have the Angola book, etc., what we really want is to correspond with someone who actually knows about the DRK...perhaps a vet or a friend of a vet?
My Grandmother is a Luftwaffe veteran (flakhelferin) and she SAW several DRK, but outside of that, even she can't help with this.
Can anyone help us?
Thanks in advance!
Not to bump such a old post, but my fiancee also needs this info.
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Flieger!

If you don't already know about it, there's a "Women of the Reich" section over at the Axis History Forum which has quite a lot of threads concerning the DRK. There you might find more information.

http://forum.axishistory.com/

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Flieger

Post by Flieger »

Thanks!

Right after I posted this I had gotten a responce at AHF. I have to say, info regarding the DRK is few and far between.