Hitler Youth POW's

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
19KUBAN43
Supporter

Hitler Youth POW's

Post by 19KUBAN43 »

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the fate of the many Hitler Youth taken prisoner by the Russians in 1945? Were they afforded the same ill treatment and long sentences in Soviet labor camps as the regular German soldier? Or were they treated with leniancy due to their age? Are there any reliable numbers as to how many HJ were taken prisoner? Also, the United States captured many HJ and very young members of the "Werewolfs". A few of the boys captured by the US were sentenced to life in prison or execution for their "Werewolf" activities, were any of these sentences carried out? And, if so, are there any HJ members who are still serving out their life sentences?
A man who takes a stand is sometimes wrong. A man who never takes a stand is always wrong.
Helmut Von Moltke

Re: Hitler Youth POW's

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

19KUBAN43 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could tell me the fate of the many Hitler Youth taken prisoner by the Russians in 1945? Were they afforded the same ill treatment and long sentences in Soviet labor camps as the regular German soldier? Or were they treated with leniancy due to their age? Are there any reliable numbers as to how many HJ were taken prisoner? Also, the United States captured many HJ and very young members of the "Werewolfs". A few of the boys captured by the US were sentenced to life in prison or execution for their "Werewolf" activities, were any of these sentences carried out? And, if so, are there any HJ members who are still serving out their life sentences?
hi, there is a thread for HJ pows already. And, for the life impisonment thing, I hope not..... :(
Reichmadel

HJ POWs

Post by Reichmadel »

I live in Phoenix and made friends with a guy name Peter, that works at a local hobbyshop; that was HJ. His father was one of the SS guys that rescued Mussolini. Peter was questioned by the Americans because he was in an SS Leadership school, and released; but less than two blocks from his home, he was picked up by a British patrol, and held for almost a year, before being released. I think some soldiers saw these kids as just KIDS, and some saw them as Werewolfs, and convinced nazi's.

Reichmadel
" Much that once was is lost, for none now live that remember it."