Father Organization Todt Diary April 1943

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
canadien
Supporter

Father Organization Todt Diary April 1943

Post by canadien »

April 1, 1943, Thursday

April 2, Friday
At noon: orders for one railroad construction team to go to Romaritschi. I am going ahead to secure materials.

April 3, Saturday
5:20 am from Briansk II to Ramaritschi, car was ordered. At 5:20 am the driver comes to tell me the car is broken. I am taking a truck. Missed the train. Stay in Russian camp

April 4, Sunday
Leave Briansk at 6 am, arrive in Romaritschi at 2 pm. Solved question for quarters. Looked at new construction site. Talked by telephone with Bryansk. Men left today. Arrived at 11pm.

April 5, Monday
Prepare quarters, unpack. Left at 10 am for Bryansk to solve questions. Arrive at 1am (Tuesday) in Bryansk

April 6, Tuesday
Timanowka
Briansk. Discussion about work and Russians. In the evening everybody agrees

April 7, Wednesday
Needlessly run around because of (can’t read)

April 8, Thursday
Got hold of some cigarettes, unloaded food at 10 am, 11 am Timanowka. In the afternoon Russian camp, evening with Nata. 1 hour marching during a raid, shrapnel is flying around like hail

April 9, Friday
Moving my Russian workers into train cars. Train car won’t move. March Russians back to their quarters

April 10, Saturday
Marched the Russians back to the train for transfer. Got disconnected from the work train, didn’t leave until 5:30 pm. At 00 hours in Ramaritschi. Go to sleep in quarters

April 11, Sunday
Empty train

12. April, Monday
Work in rail yard and quarters. Klampfl is here for a visit. Food for 3 days for the Russians, after a lot of running around.

13. April, Tuesday
Klampfl left at 1 pm. Promised to solve food problem. The democratic way does not work here. People here don’t respond to descend treatment.

14. April, Wednesday
Watzinger will not follow my orders. File a charge, to leave at 6 pm with the train engine to go to Klampfl.

15. April, Thursday
Courier back. Mail from Felix, F.F., Heini. Went to veterinarian to use horse for food. Supplies.

16. April, Friday
Devide supplies. Courier goes to Bryansk.

April 17, Saturday

April 18, Sunday
Rain, cool. Start marching at 8 am to Ragowskoj. Stink because of the horse. For nothing. Walked the wrong way, returned by 11:30 am. Courier is back. Soap, detergent and wine.

April 19, Monday
bruch brot (rye crisp type of bread) for Russians

April 20, Tuesday
4 men and 1 bottle of champagne. Talked with paymaster Richter regarding Watzinger

April 21, Wednesday
Salt portions for my people, 4 kilogram per person. 13 kg are missing form the original amount

April 22, Thursday
Handing out supplies and salt for the Russians.

April 23, Friday
Warm, sunny. Staudinger with 4 Russian is trying to buy groceries with 100 sisa (?) and 4kg salt

April 24,Saturday
Klampfl is here. Trying to solve the Watzinger problem with him. Heated debate at the construction site. No progress.

April 25, Easter Sunday
Very warm, excursion to Pigarsavo.

April 26, Easter Monday
Again food supplies. Colonel Ressler to visit, very good time - bottle empty.

April 27, Tuesday

April 28, Wednesday

April 29, Thursday
8 pm; with paymaster Ludecke, Lieutenant Colonel Passe, Sergaent Theile, paymasters Mayer and Bayer. It was very nice.

April 30, Friday
Today, all the gentleman are sick from last night