Fathers Organization Todt Diary September 1942

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
canadien
Supporter

Fathers Organization Todt Diary September 1942

Post by canadien »

September 1, Tuesday

September 2, Wednesday

September 3, Thursday
Letter Romi, 5, letter Felix

September 4, Friday
100 men ordered to go to Shoblin. Richter is going ahead.

September 5, Saturday

September 6, Sunday
Pull straws with Buenberger who is going. I won, I go.
In the evening, movie. Letter to Romi, 6

September 7, Monday
6 am load goods at the railroad station. Sitting there until 8 pm. Letter from Romi.

September 8, Tuesday
Unetscha 9 am, Gomel 12:45 pm

September 9, Wednesday
5 am Shlobin, walk around until 10 am. Quarters only half done. Airmail to Romi, 7 and Mutti (Mom).
Richter is not here. Have to furnish my room. Sleep the night on the floor, no furniture whatsoever. My field mail number is 43519/W.

September 10, Thursday
Breakfast not ready. Wakeup call at 5:30 am. We did not leave until 7 am. Lunch was not ready at noon either. What a mess. Letter Romi, 8

September 11, Friday
Difference of opinion with camp leader regarding line up.

September 12, Saturday
Again conflict with camp leader. H. Pr¸rein agrees with me. I am responsible for my team (platoon?). Again, meals are not on time.

September 13, Sunday
Worked all day. Herr Richter is here on a visit from noon to 6 pm. Letter Romi, 9

September 14, Monday
The nights are already getting very cold. In the morning there is frost. Line up at 6:40 am, orders from the camp leader. I don’t care.

September 15, Tuesday
Camp leader is in Regatschow, working. Meals are impossible. A new cook is coming. Lindner Johann is getting his marching orders.

September 16, Wednesday
Not enough coffee. Grossteiner going home, his wife is dying. Letter, 10

September 17, Thursday

September 18, Friday

September 19, Saturday
4 construction workers and 2 couriers going to Bryansk. 2 construction workers and Herr Bruerine (camp leader) went to Gomel.

September 20, Sunday
The roof was burning, not too badly, everybody was there (to help)
Letter Romi, 11. Herr Richter is here in the morning and leaving again by 11 am. Cook is being trained. 2 new ones are here.

September 21, Monday
Our roof is being repaired. Finished and mailed letter to Romi 11, with a drawing of bed and room.

September 22, Tuesday

September 23, Wednesday

September 24, Thursday
Spoke by telephone to Bryansk. Couriers left at noon.

September 25, Friday
Couriers arrive at 4 pm with blankets, coats, Ostmedaille (Russian front medal). Mail, 3 letters from Romi, Keilhofer. Felix, Heini, Nata. 2 from Mutti (Mom)

September 26, Saturday
Distributing the coats and blankets. Letter Felix, courier to Bryansk, Peschel and Jocher

September 27, Sunday
Letter Romi, 13. Letter Keilhofer, parcel. Enclosed picture of tank.

September 28, Monday
Distribution of soap. Richter is coming by at noon, is leaving again in the evening.

September 29, Tuesday
Letter Geli and Fly.

September 30, Wednesday
Letter Romi, 14