The Firm Josef Wahler K.G. and organiztion todt

German auxiliary organizations 1919-1945.
canadien
Supporter

The Firm Josef Wahler K.G. and organiztion todt

Post by canadien »

Does anyone know of any history of this firm during the war years I know they survived from 1938 to 1950. This is the firm my father worked for while he was in die orgnization todt. The company sent him to enlist, Just wondering through everyones reading through history books etc. If this firm has ever come up, Ive done google searches and have either missed something or it was not related . My fathers letter of recommendation origanated in Munchen.

Thanks for any and all help :[]
Lorenz
Patron

Re: The Firm Josef Wahler K.G. and organiztion todt

Post by Lorenz »

canadien wrote:Does anyone know of any history of this firm during the war years I know they survived from 1938 to 1950. This is the firm my father worked for while he was in die orgnization todt. The company sent him to enlist, Just wondering through everyones reading through history books etc. If this firm has ever come up, Ive done google searches and have either missed something or it was not related . My fathers letter of recommendation origanated in Munchen.
Thanks for any and all help :[]
Biblio Verlag in Osnabrück has a 3-volume work on the Org. Todt and has details on all of the firms that contracted with it and the projects they worked on:

Organisation Todt
Quellen zur Geschichte der Organisation Todt
. 4 Bände gebunden in 3. Herausgegeben von Hedwig Singer. Grossformat 29,5 x 20,5 cm. Osnabrück 1987-1999. Lwd. (Veröffentlichungen Deutschen Quellenmaterials zum Zweiten Weltkrieg III).
Bestellen
ISBN 3-7648-1704-6
Euro 300,00

Band 1 + Band 2 (gebunden in 1 Band):
Singer, Hedwig
Entwicklung und Einsatz der Organisation Todt (OT). / Dittrich, Rudolf: Vom Werden, Wesen und Wirken der Organisation Todt. / Dorsch, Xaver: Die Organisation Todt.
XI, 634 Seiten mit zahlreichen Dokumenten, Abschriften und Plänen sowie zahlreichen Fotos. Osnabrück 1999. Lwd.
Bestellen
ISBN 3-7648-1739-9
Euro 100,30

Band 3: Böhm, Klaus
Die Organisation Todt im Einsatz 1939-1945 dargestellt nach Kriegsschauplätzen auf Grund der Feldpostnummern. XXVI, 803 Seiten. Osnabrück 1987. 2 Teile geb. in 1 Bd. Lwd.
Bestellen
ISBN 3-7648-1732-1
Euro 100,30

Band 4: Handbook of the Organisation Todt
by the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force. Counter-Intelligence Sub-Division. Reprint of the edition March 1945. 228, 278 p. Osnabrück 1992. Lwd.
Bestellen
ISBN 3-7648-1741-0
Euro 100,30

Eine Gesamtdarstellung des Entstehens und des Einsatzes der Organisation Todt (OT) ist bisher in dokumentierter Form nicht erschienen und von seinerzeit Beteiligten auch nicht mehr zu erwarten. Da Fritz Todt nach einer Unterredung mit Hitler in der Wolfsschanze am 8.2.1942 beim Start zum Rückflug durch den Absturz seines Flugzeugs tödlich verunglückte, und da Albert Speer erst von da an als sein Nachfolger die Aufgaben Fritz Todts als Minister bis zum Kriegsende übernahm, liegt weder von dem einen noch von dem anderen eine eigenhändig verfasste vollständige Entwicklungsgeschichte der OT vor.
Einen verhältnismässig guten Ersatz bieten jedoch die von der Historical Division / US-Army in Europe nach dem Kriege in Auftrag gegebenen und heute bei den National Archives in Washington D.C. verwahrten “studies” von Rudolf Dittrich, dem Amtsgruppenleiter im Reichsministerium für Rüstung und Kriegsproduktion, und Xaver Dorsch, dem stellvertretenden Chef der OT. Leider war jedoch die Beschaffung der Originaltexte nicht hundertprozentig möglich; auf vorhandene Unvollständigkeiten wird hingewiesen.
Die einleitende Darstellung von Hedwig Singer bietet eine Zusammenfassung aus der Sicht des Archivars, der bemüht ist, aus den Trümmern der Überlieferung ein Gesamtbild zu gewinnen. Die Anlagen zu allen drei Arbeiten sind nachstehend in einem Gesamtverzeichnis in chronologischer Folge nachgewiesen.
Das Lektorat besorgte Brün Meyer, da Frau Hedwig Singer als Herausgeberin aus gesundheitlichen Gründen dazu leider nicht mehr in der Lage war.

These 4 books bound in 3 volumes contain just about every scrap of information on the Org. Todt and the many firms that carried out its construction projects. At 300.00 EUR, it's a bit on the pricy side, so you might give some thought to having your local library try and get it through interlibrary loan for you.

--Lorenz
Last edited by Lorenz on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canadien
Supporter

Thank you very much Lorenz

Post by canadien »

Thankyou very much Lorenz. the information is appreicated as always. It shall keep me occupied :up: :[]

http://my.opera.com/Canadien/albums/
mightythor99
Enthusiast

dug out the album...............joseph seebauer is this guys

Post by mightythor99 »

name. munich, says on his truck door,
Jos. Seebauer
Fuhrunternehmer
Munchen
tel. 73407
some of the grave markers photographed in the album are
from july 11th, '42. orgaization todt, mann, engelbert schneilinger, o.t. einheit munchen, johann Zaar, o.t. Koln, otto korner, o.t. hannover, all killed july 11th, '42. anything in the diary for that date?

i have photos from the firebombing he talks about, in feb. '42..........

looks like this guy might have been a little older maybe,........so he stayed more around the prisoners, some shots of dump trucks, side dumping rocks/dirt, for road construction maybe. lots of pictures of shot down russian planes, and knocked out tanks. minsk, smolensk, bryjansk, are cities that i recognize in the pictures, might have other towns named on the backs of some of the other pictures. there are shots of a major bombing raid, lots of night shooting of 88 batteries, burning huts/villages, etc, off in the near distance. lots of "excitement". unexploded bombs sticking out of teh mud/frozen dirt, that kind of thing. sounds simular to one of your diary enteries for sure.
:up: :up:
I am interested in buying / trading for photo albums, photo groupings, diaries, feldpost groupings,etc, from any country in the world, any army/navy, etc, mostly 20th century!!
canadien
Supporter

Diary done but being proff read before posting.

Post by canadien »

The ladies are proof reading the diary so once thier done., Ill be posting more. A few details from my mother though, Rommi was Dads fiance during the war and the Fuhrmanns were Rommis parents . Fly is acutally one of my fathers sisters. Felix is a man my Dad hired to do surveying. Dad lived in the same apartment building as Rommi.
canadien
Supporter

In reply to mighty thor regarding july 11 1942 date

Post by canadien »

Hi mighty thor this is the entry for july 11 1942 and oct 12 and 14 in fathers diary

July 11, Saturday
From about 9:30 pm, one could see airplanes, bombs, shelling, one after the other. Bombs and more bombs, 80% of our window panes are broken. A bomb 20 m from our place, 4 men injured. Kripler injured head through helmet, 2 Ukranians and a man from security. Bauer has 5 men dead: camp leaders and 2 drivers. Railroad station is a mess. The roof of the roundhouse got blown off and 6 m long rail from 500 m away got forced through it. Ammunition is flying through the air. All night explosions. The air attack lasted through midnight.

This is the only dates where he mentions graves no names but places
October 12, Monday
I am getting permission to travel to Gritschev and Roslavl to take photos of the graves of the O.T. men who lost their lives there. Loichinger is coming too

October 14, Wednesday
4 pm arrive Roslavl. The grave is not ready. It is being prepared by the Wehrmacht-Graber-Offizier 56, Feldpost number 44345