Waffen-ss T-shirts and others....

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Thomas V.
Supporter

Post by Thomas V. »

Rob - WSSOB wrote:But the Third Reich was a terrible regime led by a racist demogogue who rightly should be placed in the rogue's gallery of evil dictators such as Stalin, Idi Imin and Pol Pot.
But America is a terrible regime led by a militarist demogogue (sic) who rightly should be placed in the rogue's gallery of evil dictators such as Stalin, Idi Imin and Pol Pot.
Rob - WSSOB wrote:Wearing the t-shirt isn't about glorifying the dear old Grandpa who served Heer 197th ID. It's about glorifying Nazism. And glorifying Nazism, from the logical to the historical to the moral standpoint, isn't a nice thing to do.

Wearing the t-shirt isn't about glorifying the dear old Grandpa who served US 101st AB. It's about glorifying Americanism. And glorifying Americanism, from the logical to the historical to the moral standpoint, isn't a nice thing to do.

I don't want to start a discussion since giving this thread extra polemic is merely flogging a death horse, but - I'd say things like cups and shirts with German military symbols are culture bound. America is a free country (I very much suggest ,,Rob'' to read ,We the people' - he will be surprised that it does not say ,I, the people') which guarantees freedom, this to include the freedom as small-business entrepreneur to offer these items. In Europe/Germany the matter is naturally more complex. It's not made easier by certain groups, merely agitators, as Piet Duits pointed out, scream and kick to voice their overly-emotional and dubiously one-sided approach. I concurr with what Helmut and stab131 said, glad to see that not every American confirms the stereotype. Anyhow, as this is much to do about nothing, let's just have a good laugh with barbeque aprons showing iron crosses and be done with it.
TH Albright
Supporter

Post by TH Albright »

This forum is not about neo-Nazi, anti-American polemics. Comparing Bush to Stalin and Pol Pot is not only ludicrous, but insulting! Cease and desist. This forum is for reasonable people and should not be injected with this sort of hyperbolic venom!!
TH Albright
Supporter

Post by TH Albright »

BTW... so Hitler wasn't a racist demagogue!! He was indeed closer to Gandhi than GW Bush in this view. Get back on topic
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Guys,

To me it is fundamentally a freedom of choice issue.

I personally feel it is tasteless, but living in a country where Union Flag underpants are freely available, Reebok use the Union Flag as a logo, and French Connection U.K. go under the acronym "FCUK", who am I to object to bad taste?

Mind you, their range doesn't seem to cater for the full political spectrum. Where are the underpants with Hitler's face on the inside of the seat? The Mein Kampf loo roll? The spitoon range with genuine Waffen-SS divisional logos at the bottom?

If they are going to do bad taste they might as well go the whole hog (as I am doing here) and offer products we all might feel inclined to use. There is a marketing opportunity going begging.

Cheers,

Sid.
Rob - WSSOB
Supporter

Post by Rob - WSSOB »

Hi Sid!
The Mein Kampf loo roll
ROTFLMAO! (rolling on the floor laughing my a** off!)

What a business opportunity! ;)
Rob - WSSOB
Supporter

Post by Rob - WSSOB »

Hi Sid!
The Mein Kampf loo roll
ROTFLMAO! (rolling on the floor laughing my a** off!)

What a business opportunity! ;)
Vaterland
Supporter

Post by Vaterland »

Being a reenactor, I would only wear one of those t-shirts during a unit event, such as a work day on our vehicles and gear. But, I would never wear it in public.
Das_Reich

Post by Das_Reich »

I wear a "Das Reich Euoropean World Tour Shirt" to the gym and get looks from the guys sometimes, but they are simply mis-lead. In any event, I think it is cool and I don't care what they think.

I live in USA and it is a free country!!
nagelafr

Post by nagelafr »

so when you are picking up guys at the gym a shirt with SS is you wearing? ha! First, Nazis not allow homosexual activity and punish with death.. So you should not wear this shirt for attracting of Nazi men.
Jonb955
Supporter

Post by Jonb955 »

Just to get back to politically correctness. I think it's not good for many facts. First of all i'am a junior in high school and ill tell you my generation is definately a postmodern culture. We are very disconnected with history and i gurantee you that hardly anyone in our school systems could tell you who were the Axis powers or Allied powers (Even the dumb neo nazis couldn't tell you). I have noticed major PC and neo-feminism taking place and a lot of white bashing. This worries me because of a reaction (pendulum swings both ways). So some pissed off kid in my school creates a conservative club (which is pretty well known its even been on CNN). This kid gets a whole bunch of pissed off whites to join his club and they're are fights etc. between them and the Mexicans (We had SWAT secure the school one time, heh). So I think we should be careful with being too PC because I don't want history to repeat itself. In California it seems like people see the Mexican as the Germans saw Jews. Don't worry we elected Schwarzenneger as our Governor. But always I think its good you have the chance to wear a goofy looking t-shirt in America
ritterkreuz1967

Post by ritterkreuz1967 »

I have to agree with mr. Yeager,
I find the reaction of those living outside the United States interesting. I lived in Germany and loved it there, but I really have a hard time understanding people who think you can make a law about what people say, and THINK. Some how making it illegal will stop all forms of different thought. Such stupity from a otherwise intelligent group of people. God gave you a brain and a tongue, you can and should use both, if you disagree with the beliefs of some one else, rational people don't make laws to put that person in jail for it, unless of course your a third world dictatorship, or the third reich, or a communist goverment in Russia.... Great people to be in bed with while writtting public law. What's next? Taking their ciitenship away, then there property? Maybe putting them in some place where they can;t spread there ideas to others, say like a camp some where? BE VERY CAREFULL when you make laws govering freedom lads, the monster you create just might come looking for you some day. Truth, and the light of a open discussion, are the only ways to never have that sad sad part of the worlds history repeat itself again.

Cheers
Freiritter
Associate

Post by Freiritter »

I definitely wouldn't wear such clothes at all. I think that this whole PC thing is muffling on free speech. BTW, Jonb955, keep on posting, we need more young folks who actually show an interest in the past. It just might be that some people here in the States think that Iron Crosses and swastikas look cool, without thinking about what these symbols mean or the history behind them.
Schultz
Contributor

Post by Schultz »

Well i use to wear a swastika t-shirt just like sid vicious didnt care much about politics of the matter. Nor did i care who it annoyed. The swastika has been around long before the NAZI Party, when i was in Boston there was a big thing in the jewish comunity there to tear up the floor of an old church because it had swastikas on the floor, thats pretty ignorant the church was built way before Hitler was born.
People dont like me displaying a Rebel flag underneath my Federal flag either , i just tell them not to look. I have a Luftwaffe pin on my leather some people dont like that either but i dont care if they do or dont its my leather.
I live in America we have the freedom to do things like that i would bet if other places allowed it they would have people wearing those shirts you talk about to.

Schultz

P.S. Sid they have toilet paper with Adolfs face on it, and swastika underwear.
nagelafr

Post by nagelafr »

Cool. I like America.
Mad Volksdeutscher
Supporter

Post by Mad Volksdeutscher »

Well. I checked out the Link, (optimistically hoping to find a 13th WSS Mountain Division logo shirt. Really hard to find any Bosniak insignia besides the newfangled yellow & blue thing that NATO told them to use. Since the blue/yellow shield with the fleur-de-lises somehow PO'd some folks, figured the Handschar sword would REALLY annoy 'em) and actually, there was ONE tee shirt that caught my eye...

The caption read: "(Fornicate) Political Correctness--Be Yourself."

I would SO order that tee if I had $25 spare bucks to blow right this minute!
Sto bog da, i sreca junacka
Wir Siegt on Allen Fronten!
+ Zivjela Hrvatska! +