help! other ss units!

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
amon

help! other ss units!

Post by amon »

Hi!
I come from china.I am very like the Waffen-ss history.
now , please tell me aboat this 7 units' history:
39. Gebirgs Division der SS Andreas Höfer;
40. SS Freiwilligen PanzerGrenadier Division Feldherrnhalle;
41. Waffen Grenadier Division der SS Kalevala ( Finnisches Nr. I );
42.Division Niederschsen;
43.Panzerdivision Reichsmarschall;
44. SS Panzer Grenadier Division Wallenstein;
45. SS Division Waräger

thanks!
Mitch Williamson

Post by Mitch Williamson »

This is the best Waffen SS website to begin with Rob's
http://www.wssob.com/

Best Wishes
Mitch
MAXIS
Supporter

Post by MAXIS »

Hi
All the “divisions” you mention never were! They are “jokes” :D or post-war mithos originated fm mere intentions or paper project.

“Division Andreas Hofer”
On early 1944 seems to had been a “pour parler” between Gauleiter Hofer of Tyrol and SS-Brig. Von Oberkamp ex Co. Of Prinz Eugen: well, they explored the possibility of forming a new division with tyroleans, but when those rumors arrived to Himmler, were immediate stopped: there’was no enough recruits nor NCO and von Oberkamp was unable to command a division; this, at least, on Himmlers’ opinion. Following this, project was abandoned.

“Division Feldherrnhalle”
This project seems had been an Hitler’s idea, to put toghether into an Army Corp both divisions Horst Wessel and new Feldherrnhalle. But there was not enough SA recruits never to replace losses into Horst Wessel itself and project was terminated.
Newerthless existed an Army Panzer-Grenadier-Division “Feldhernhalle, destroyed in Budapest on 1945.

“Division Niedesachsen”
Seems had been originated by an idea of Gauleiter Lautherbacher of Lower Saxony in a letter to Himmler of 17 May 1944. Himmler replied on 25 May explaining that lack of replacement caused heavy problems to the already existing divisions and, consequently, there was no possibility to form another. Project terminated.

“Division Reichsmarschall”
Project discussed on summer 44, exploring the possibility to form a division with Luftwaffe ground personnel, probably named SS-Luftwaffe-Feld-Division. After some discussion, between Hitler, Himmler and Goering, on 16 July the project was stopped, probably for lack of recruits, equipment and (I think) authority upon this “division” (jealousy between Himmler and Goering).

“Division Wallenstein”
On April 1945 SS Co. in Bohemia-Moravia SS Brig. Von Puckler-Burghaus began to assemble W-SS replacement troops and schools in Protectorate, in order to form an upper-level formation. Obviously this project was stopped by russian advance and troops selected for the never existed division, assigned to SS-Kampfgruppe-Division “Bohmen und Mahren” (°)

Best
Max

(°) this KG was a totally different formation from any SS-Division, not enclosed into the list of 38. Formally speaking was not a “division” but a “division-level-kampfgruppe”. 31 SS was a totally different history.
Decima!
amon

Post by amon »

thanks a lot Max!
Do you these units'insignia and other datum? :!: