Need info on part of Nordland - Artillery

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Jebir

Need info on part of Nordland - Artillery

Post by Jebir »

Hello there

In my search for a volunteer I have ended up with "11. a.a. artillery battallion", and I know that he was part of Nordland.
So I was wondering if anyone has any info on SS-Panzer Artillerie Regiment 11 which was part of Nordland, or know where I can find any?
I am looking for anything - but most of all a way to confirm that the guy I'm tracing was actually in this unit...

Thanks in advance!
Peter Hansen

Re: Need info on part of Nordland - Artillery

Post by Peter Hansen »

Hello there

What is the name of the person in question?

Regards Peter
Jebir

Post by Jebir »

It's not so much the volunteer I'm looking for info about, but more the unit at the moment, like rosters etc. But I have sent you a pm.
Marc Rikmenspoel
Enthusiast

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel »

"a.a. artillerie battalion" is not SS-Artillerie Regiment 11. It is SS-Flak Abteilung 11, as in anti-aircraft artillery battalion. What do you hope to learn about this formation?
Jebir

Post by Jebir »

Hi Mark

Thank you for clearifying.

I hope to learn.... just about anything. I have no info, but ideally would be some pictures from the unit, or some lists that would confirm that the person I am looking for was actually in the unit. I have been looking for over a year, and only have bits and pieces that won't really fit together, so I'm trying to make a sort of timeline.

So any info would be welcome - also websites with their "route through the war" etc. :-)

Regards,
Jebir
Regiment Norge
Supporter

Post by Regiment Norge »

To my knowledge there is not much written about Flak.Abt 11, one german book by Stoerber about the Flugabwehrverbander der Waffen SS has a chapter of the Flak Abt 11 Nordland. The books by Tieke has only fragmental information about the unit. Search amazon.de or ebay.de for this book.

http://www.amazon.de/Flugabwehrverbände ... +waffen+ss
Regiment Norge