SS Officers !!

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Paul E
Supporter

SS Officers !!

Post by Paul E »

Guys ,

Has anyone any bio info on SS Untersturmfuhrer Ernst Knöringer and SS Obersturmfuhrer Gerhard Sellin who i believe served with Wiking,

Many thanks in advance ,

regards

Paul
WARNACH
Supporter

Re: SS Officers !!

Post by WARNACH »

Hello Paul;

Knöringer, Ernst born 28.1.1923 in München
SS-Nr 459 063
Appears in Stellenbesetzungen and Verleihungslisten as:
Uscha. in june 1943 in Nachrichten Zug in Aufkl Abt 10
Ustuf. in january 1945 as Adj.Nachr.Abt.15

data from Mr J. MOORE (Führerliste)

Gerhard Sellin is not listed; could there be a spelling error?

Grtz
Peter
Paul E
Supporter

Post by Paul E »

Hello Peter,

Thanks for that info , the spelling of Sellin is definately correct !

regards

Paul
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Paul - Unfortunately, there is no record of any kind of SS (A-SS or W-SS) officer having the name of SELLIN. Where did you find that name?

I met Ernst Knöringer at a vet reunion and he gave me a lot of help with my signals book for the 15th division section. There is a four-page bio on him with photos in the CD version. He was a certified engineer after the war.

John
Paul E
Supporter

Post by Paul E »

Hi John,

Many thanks for the info , was Ernst a DKiG Winner ?

I met Sellin briefly at a veterans meeting he was wearing a badge with his name on so i assume it was correct , i'm sure he served with Wiking and thought i had heard his name before but maybe not !!

regards

Paul
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

The highest award that Knöringer received was an EK II in February 1945.

SELLIN should not be considered to be an SS officer from what you say. This is a common situation. Several months back a German vet had claimed to be to be an Obersturmführer and company commander in the Rgt. "Norge" in 1945. There was no officer file or other record to be found that would confirm that this man was actually an officer. My Norwegian researcher friend inquired at the German Red Cross who produced a signed post-war document from the man that he had been a member of Rgt. "Norge", but his high rank was Oberscharführer!

John
PK

Post by PK »

Hi!

Paul: I think we attended to the same veteranmeeting a few weeks ago at Sinimäe/Estonia? I there also met Sellin who told me briefly told me that he had served with SS-Aufkl.Abt.5 Wiking in which he was heavily wounded in late 41(?), hospitalized and then sent to SS-Junkerschule PRAGUE in 45 and finally in action in a Kampfgruppe. (Jörchels Kampfgruppe?)

Best regards
PK
Paul E
Supporter

Post by Paul E »

John P. Moore wrote:The highest award that Knöringer received was an EK II in February 1945.

SELLIN should not be considered to be an SS officer from what you say. This is a common situation. Several months back a German vet had claimed to be to be an Obersturmführer and company commander in the Rgt. "Norge" in 1945. There was no officer file or other record to be found that would confirm that this man was actually an officer. My Norwegian researcher friend inquired at the German Red Cross who produced a signed post-war document from the man that he had been a member of Rgt. "Norge", but his high rank was Oberscharführer!

John
Many thanks John , it is quite possible that Sellin was not an Officer , further enquires i think !!
Paul E
Supporter

Post by Paul E »

PK wrote:Hi!

Paul: I think we attended to the same veteranmeeting a few weeks ago at Sinimäe/Estonia? I there also met Sellin who told me briefly told me that he had served with SS-Aufkl.Abt.5 Wiking in which he was heavily wounded in late 41(?), hospitalized and then sent to SS-Junkerschule PRAGUE in 45 and finally in action in a Kampfgruppe. (Jörchels Kampfgruppe?)

Best regards
PK
Hello Pk,

Yes we did i was at the meeting at the Sinimäe at the end of July !!! Awful weather !!!

Did you happen to find out what rank Sellin was , i had thought he was an SS Obersturmfuhrer but i may have picked it up wrong during the conversation !.

best regards

Paul
Ostküste

Post by Ostküste »

Please find attached details of Heer Sellin's military time.
Ost
Attachments
Sellin.JPG
Sellin.JPG (107.89 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
Paul E
Supporter

Post by Paul E »

Many thanks for that , so his highest rank was Standartenjunker,

regards

Paul