Operation Rosselsprung Photos

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Rosselsprung1944

Operation Rosselsprung Photos

Post by Rosselsprung1944 »

Hi

I’m writing a book for Osprey about Operation Rosselsprung and am trying to source photos of Captain Kurt Rybka and Sergeant Major Hummel from the 500th SS Parachute Battalion, Major Benesch from the Brandenburgers and Otto Kumm. I would be interested in any photos of the SS paratroopers at the cemetery, particularly a picture of the radio unit. I’ve noticed various discussions about these images and wondered if anyone can help?

Osprey have a bugdet for photos and I'm willing to negotiate a price and give full alltribution.

Rgds

David
Marc Rikmenspoel
Enthusiast

Re: Operation Rosselsprung Photos

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel »

Hi David, I have a couple of photos of Walter Hummel that I can allow you to use. Please email me at [email protected] so that we can discuss this.

Benesch later joined the Jagdverbände, and there's a photo of him in the book Romanian Volunteers of the Waffen-SS, by Richard Landwehr. You can try to contact Landwehr through his Siegrunen journal address, or via Ray Merriam at The Merriam Press.
Rosselsprung1944

Re: Operation Rosselsprung Photos

Post by Rosselsprung1944 »

Hi Marc

Thanks for replying to my request for photos. A photo of Hummel would work well in the book as I will be mentioning his intervention against the captured Italian tanks, quoted by a veteran in the Michaelis book.

Photos of the operation, taken by the photo correspondents, are coming in the main from Slovenia (30 euro each! and I need to find 45 photos for the Osprey book). I've contacted Schiffer but they don't want to offer rights. Would Stimme Verlag be more willing from the Kunzmann-Milius book? I have also seen comments that a book on 500th SS is due by Patrick Agte. I wondered if you have more detail about this?

Rybka would be nice to have as he is so important to the outcome of the operation. I have seen comments by Paddy Keating, which indicate he has some? I've also seen mention of a short bio by R Sellner but can't locate it.

I will also be covering the role of Bensech's Wildschutz's unit in locating Tito. Thanks for the Merriam Press heads up.

I've tried the email you provided but I'm receiving notifications that the email hasn't got through? is their an alternative I can use, I can be contacted on the following email - [email protected]

Rgds

David