SS-Pz-Gren.Schule/Junkerschule Beneschau/Neweklau/Prag

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Funkenflug

SS-Pz-Gren.Schule/Junkerschule Beneschau/Neweklau/Prag

Post by Funkenflug »

Hello,

excuse me for my amateurish english. I hope you understand me although. I need some informations about my uncle Horst Richter. * 11.04.1925. I have a lot of fieldpost from him. He was in the regiment Westland from 1943-1945. Field Post Nr.26907 A. Dogtag Nr. SS-NER 12537. I have two adresses, where he he was at end of war. At first he was at (november 1944-january 1945)

SS-Sturmmann Horst Richter
SS Pz.Gren.Schule
Lehrgruppe E (20.F.B.L.) 17.Inspektion,
Neweklau Post Beneschau
Böhmen 11 b

and after that (January 1945- ??

SS-Junker Horst Richter
SS-Junkerschule "Neue Technik"
1.Inspektion
3.Junkerschaft
Prag XIX (11b)

last unit Kampfgruppe joerchel
Untersturmführer at last
he died at 11.05.1945 in SS-Reserve Lazarett II Prag Reuth

who has some Informations, photo´s or lists, in wich his name appear?

I´m looking urgently for names of comrades who perhaps still alive and know him

Many thanks before

yours sincerely

Carsten Loichen
Marc Rikmenspoel
Enthusiast

Re: SS-Pz-Gren.Schule/Junkerschule Beneschau/Neweklau/Prag

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel »

Hi Carsten, the SS-Panzergrenadier Schule was at the Czech village of Prosetzchnitz (German spelling), which in early 1944 was renamed Kienschlag. It was a facility for testing new weapons and tactics for the entire Heer, with the SS-Panzergrenadier Lehr Regiment on hand to do the testing. Kienschlag and the school formed part of the larger Boehmen/Beneschau Troop Training Grounds complex, which included other schools, such as the Sturmgeschuetz Schule at Milowitz and the Pionier Schule at Hradischko.

Men who were being considered for officer training were sent to Kienschlag to attend pre-training courses (actual officer training courses were also held there for foreign officer candidates, especially French-language courses for Walloons, Frenchmen, and Romanians). The Germans who passed the pre-training courses would then be assigned to a Junkerschule for the actual officer training. An exception was the officer candidates who in September 1944 formed the Regiment Schill, which was committed to action in Slovakia against the uprising there. These men were supposedly commissioned after the successful conclusion of the Slovak campaign.

It seems likely your uncle arrived at Kienschlag after the place had emptied out with the creation of Schill. He then was successful in his courses, and was sent on to the nearby Junkerschule Prag. He would have then been one of the men from the school who became part of the SS-Kampfgruppe Division Boehmen-Maehren. Wolfgang Joerchel was the last commander of the JS-Prag, and led elements of the school in a battlegroup in the last weeks of the war. Many of the men in the SS-KG Div B-M were killed in action or died in captivity, killed by angry Czechs. Horst Richter might have died from wounds, but he might have died under other circumstances, unfortunately after the end of the war.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Carsten - Horst Richter appears on this document assigning men from the SS-Pz.Grenadier AuE.Btl. 5 to the 20 Führerbewerber Lehrgang. From the Erkennungsmarke it would appear that Horst Ruchter was a signaler and a member of the I.Battalion/"Westland"

John
20-FB-Lehrgang---6a.jpg
20-FB-Lehrgang---6a.jpg (157.79 KiB) Viewed 5268 times
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

This is the first document in the group from December 1944 assigning men to the 20 Führerbewerber Lehrgang. I found this document among the records of the SS-Nachrichten Ersatz Rgt. contained in over 100 rolls of microfilm.
20-FB-Lehrgang---1a.jpg
20-FB-Lehrgang---1a.jpg (141.6 KiB) Viewed 5268 times
chris_tc

Post by chris_tc »

Hello everybody,

this topic is very interessting for me.

My grandfather probably attends at this Führerbewerberlehrgang or one of the following. But i know this only from narrations of him. In the information from WAST nothing was mentioned regarding this.

So maybe someone of you can help me and his name occours in some lists or other documents.

His name was Wilhelm Schöffmann and he came as SS-Rottenführer from the 1. AA of LAH to Kienschlag. The potential period he attended at a Lehrgang might be from the end of 1944 to the end of the war (but these are only presumptions of mine)

The last information from WAST was that he received the Eiserne Kreuz II. Klasse on the 26th June 1944

Thanks all of you for your help in advance!

Regards,

Christian