SS-Kriegsberichter Standarte Organization

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: SS-Kriegsberichter Standarte Organization

Post by Tom Houlihan »

I looked around, and this thread looks like a good spot for this post.

I found this page in my miscellaneous microfilm file. Not entirely sure how it came to me, but thought you might find it interesting.

The following information was gotten from Roll 106 of National Archives Microfilm Publication T-70, Records of the Reich Ministry for Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1936-1944. This roll contains casualty reports on Propaganda Company reporters/photographers, as well as for members of the SS Standarte “Kurt Eggers” (formerly the SS Kriegsberichte Abteilung (War Correspondent Section)). This information, used with the dates on the back of the contact prints in 242-JRP and SS, might be of use in providing geographic identification to the photographs in these series.

NAME, Rank Comments
AHRENS, Anton, SS Oberscharführer MIA 11 July 1944 – went on courier between Paris and Metz – hasn’t
been seen since
Fink 5th SS Kriegsberichte Company
GRÖNERT Took photographs in July 1943 in Bielgorod-Kursk area
HOFFMANN, Oberscharführer SS-KB Zug with the 19th Lett Volunteer Division (June 6, 1944)
HRUSCHKA, Peter, SS Schütze Killed 14 December 1943 near Cherkassy
JAROLIM 3d SS-KB Company
KAMPE 5th SS-KB Company
KRISTOFERITSCH 7th Platoon, 7th SS-KB Company (Greece)
LANGNER, Wilhelm, SS Unterscharführer 17 Feb 1944 – Liaison man to the Press in Brussels
LÜTTMER 7th Platoon, 7th SS-KB Company (Greece)
MERZ, Willi, SS Unterscharführer Died 26 Sept 1944 SW of Caen
MIELKE, SS Rottenführer Transferred from RUK staff, Mailand, to a front unit
MÖEBIUS, Helmut, SS Oberscharführer Killed 26 March 1944 near Narva
MÜLLER, Karl-Heinz Died 24 Oct 1944 near Fekehr-Halom
ROTH 3 August 1943 – Series of photos on Kharkov by the fallen reporter is
ready.
ROTTENSTEINER, SS Unterscharführer 1st SS-KB Company (Western Front, 6 June 1944)
SLAWIK, Heinrich, SS Strm. December 1943 – in hospital at Dachau.
WIESEBACH, Wolfgang, SS Oberscharführer MIA 9 June 1944 between Tuzla and Brcko, North Bosnia
WISNIEWSKI, Bruno, SS Oberscharführer Died 7 March 1944 near Narva
ZSCHÄCKEL Died October 1944 (?)
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Bagaudas

Post by Bagaudas »

Good afternoon.

Karl-Heinz Müller is reflected as dead in action on October 24, 1944, in Fekehr-halom. Is it a Slovak or Hungarian town? It belonged to the 4th SS-Panzergrenadier Division, or one of the units sent to Slovakia to cover the Slovak uprising?

Thank you.
Massimiliano Afiero
Contributor

Post by Massimiliano Afiero »

Very interesting material and documents. I would like to use them for a new article for my magazine 'The Axis Forces'. A good starting point for an article dedicated to the war correspondents of the Waffen SS. Does Mr. Moore have any other documents on the subject?

Max
karl.vonbachmann

Post by karl.vonbachmann »

Maybe
ORIGINAL - THE DIARY WAR NOTES OF SS - 12th DIVISION-
The original page monograph written by Lieutenant SS-Untersturmfuhrer Harro Lübbe (English: Havvo Lübbe) are the War Diary Notes of the Command Authorities of the 12th SS Division of Panzergrenadier Regiment 26 the 12th SS the Hitler Youth Panzer Division - II./Btl.Rgt.26 12.SS-Pz.Div. "HJ"- military.

vonKarl