Project about SS soldier.

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
D_Dutch
Supporter

Project about SS soldier.

Post by D_Dutch »

Hello,

I am, together with a couple of other people, starting a project all about one soldier, named Hans.
Although the project is still in an early stage, we allready know a lot about him.
His youth is, for now, not the most important part, although he was well educated.
Born 1925, Hitlerjugend member since 1936. Could speak Latin, French and Italian.

In 1942 he volunteered for the Waffen SS and joined in 1943. (Unsure about this.)

Einheit: 2./SS-Pz. Jäg.-(A)-Abt. 2.
Erkennungsmarke: SS-Pz.Jg.A.u.E.Abt. 1.

I allready know that 2./SS-Pz. Jäg.-(A)-Abt. 2. was formed in April 1942 at Hilversum, the Netherlands.
This was when SS Das Reich re-equipped.
Hans joined this unit after being part of SS-Pz.Jg.A.u.E.Abt. 1.
This makes it somewhat confusing, because it was thought that he joined the SS in October 1943.
In one of his documents is stated "Sicherung d. Niederlande" (20.10.1943 / 15.6.1944)

His only promotion, to SS-Oberschütze, was on the 1st of June, 1944.
In one document is also been noted "Stellengruppe 16", what is this?

Fifteen days after his promotion he was transferred to the SS-Unterführerschule Lauenburg.
According to his documents he stayed there until the end of the war.
He was captured by the Russians and stayed in a P.O.W. camp until 1949.

I have a couple of questions regarding the above short biography.

1. Is there any book about the two units he joined? I really need more information about commanding officers, how did a normal day for him look like, any special events during the time with the units?

2. SS-Pz.Jg.A.u.E.Abt. 1. was according to some sites a unit of the 10th SS Panzer Division "Frundsberg", is this correct, or just another unit with the same name?

3. Who were the commanding officers of SS-Unterführerschule Lauenburg, is there any biography of this SS school?
I need to know if there was actual combat between soldiers of SS-Unterführerschule Lauenburg and their enemies or if they just surrendered after the capitulation.

4. What was being meant with "Sicherung d. Niederlande?"

If anyone requires any additional documents or signatures, please say so, so that I can post them on this site.

With kind regards,

Koen.
Richard Schoutissen
Associate

Re: Project about SS soldier.

Post by Richard Schoutissen »

D_Dutch wrote:Hello,

I am, together with a couple of other people, starting a project all about one soldier, named Hans.
Although the project is still in an early stage, we allready know a lot about him.
His youth is, for now, not the most important part, although he was well educated.
Born 1925, Hitlerjugend member since 1936. Could speak Latin, French and Italian.

In 1942 he volunteered for the Waffen SS and joined in 1943. (Unsure about this.)

Einheit: 2./SS-Pz. Jäg.-(A)-Abt. 2.
Erkennungsmarke: SS-Pz.Jg.A.u.E.Abt. 1.

I allready know that 2./SS-Pz. Jäg.-(A)-Abt. 2. was formed in April 1942 at Hilversum, the Netherlands.
This was when SS Das Reich re-equipped.
Hans joined this unit after being part of SS-Pz.Jg.A.u.E.Abt. 1.
This makes it somewhat confusing, because it was thought that he joined the SS in October 1943.
In one of his documents is stated "Sicherung d. Niederlande" (20.10.1943 / 15.6.1944)

His only promotion, to SS-Oberschütze, was on the 1st of June, 1944.
In one document is also been noted "Stellengruppe 16", what is this?

Fifteen days after his promotion he was transferred to the SS-Unterführerschule Lauenburg.
According to his documents he stayed there until the end of the war.
He was captured by the Russians and stayed in a P.O.W. camp until 1949.

I have a couple of questions regarding the above short biography.

1. Is there any book about the two units he joined? I really need more information about commanding officers, how did a normal day for him look like, any special events during the time with the units?

2. SS-Pz.Jg.A.u.E.Abt. 1. was according to some sites a unit of the 10th SS Panzer Division "Frundsberg", is this correct, or just another unit with the same name?

3. Who were the commanding officers of SS-Unterführerschule Lauenburg, is there any biography of this SS school?
I need to know if there was actual combat between soldiers of SS-Unterführerschule Lauenburg and their enemies or if they just surrendered after the capitulation.

4. What was being meant with "Sicherung d. Niederlande?"

If anyone requires any additional documents or signatures, please say so, so that I can post them on this site.

With kind regards,

Koen.
1. Claudius Rupp - Im Feuer gestählt: Panzerjäger der Waffen-SS, Division "Das Reich"

2. It was a Ausbildungs- und Ersatz-Abteilung in Rastenburg

3. Google

4. Sicherung der Niederlande ?

Do you have Hans his last name ?
D_Dutch
Supporter

Post by D_Dutch »

Richard Schoutissen wrote: 1. Claudius Rupp - Im Feuer gestählt: Panzerjäger der Waffen-SS, Division "Das Reich"

2. It was a Ausbildungs- und Ersatz-Abteilung in Rastenburg

3. Google

4. Sicherung der Niederlande ?

Do you have Hans his last name ?

Thanks for your awnsers!
About question 4, I knew it meant Sicherung der Niederlande, but I was wondering what this could be? Soldiers just had to maintain order in the country or not, or did they had another duty?

I do Have Hans last name, but for privacy reasons I shall PM you rather than putting it on the forum.
Phil Nix

Post by Phil Nix »

Sicherung der Niederlande = Security duties in the Netherlands similar to an army rear area unit not the same as the SD
Phil Nix
Scott Revell
Contributor

Post by Scott Revell »

Phil got it right - Sicherung der Niederlande is security duties. SS-Pz. Jäg.-(A)-Abt. 2 was allocate to security duties and up until Sept 1944 was guarding a stretch of the Dutch Coast. The unit was commanded by SS-Sturmbannführer Johann Eigler and the 2nd Company was commanded by either Ostuf Seibert or Hstuf Richter according to my records. Feel free to drop me a line if you need anything more. Good Luck.

Scott
Revellations

"A Bayonet has a worker at both ends"

http://www.defendingarnhem.com