What were Himmler's Future plans for the SS?

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Brandenburger7

What were Himmler's Future plans for the SS?

Post by Brandenburger7 »

If Germany had won the war. What were Himmler's and Hitler's plans for the SS?
Today Europe. Tomorrow the World. - Adolf Hitler
Pirx
Associate

Re: What were Himmler's Future plans for the SS?

Post by Pirx »

I suggest this book.
Kazimierz Moczarski "Conversations with an Executioner" Prentice-Hall 1981, ISBN 0131719181
SS-gruppenfuhrrer Jurgen Stroop was jailed with author for 6 months. He said that after war he could be awared with 10 -15 000 acres land + few villages in Ukraine. Hi will be a landlord, with mills, breweres ect. His soldiers could be managers, and few hundreds Ukrainians his slaves.
Algemaine SS (not waffen SS) was tied very strong with agricultural ... hm... cult. Healthy, strong german bauer with healthy wife and healthy children on east, something like that. And SS elite as a new kind of aristocracy.
amicus Plato, sed magis amica veritas
Brandenburger7

Post by Brandenburger7 »

I see. I have heard of Jurgen Stroop, I shall look it up the book and give it a good read through.
Today Europe. Tomorrow the World. - Adolf Hitler
Helmut
Patron

Post by Helmut »

Servus,
My father, a volksdeutscher from the Banat, told me they were told that after the war they would receive land in the Ukraine. None of the volsdeutsche gave it a second thought because that was how their ancestors had received the land they owned in he Banat region.

Regards,

Helmut
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

Hi all,

My grandmother, a Volksdeutsche from the Hauerland in Slovakia, believed (at the time) that Slovakia would be theirs for the picking. No more oppression by Slovaks and Hungarians but all the land for themselves and their former oppressors as their slaves. Not that she had ever felt oppressed but at least the poverty would end and that made her happy enough.
Her two brothers joined the Waffen SS, she never talked much about them but did (then) "know" that one day they would be rich farmers in the east. They went east alright....only one returned to end his days as a factoryworker in the Ruhrarea.

Indeed there were plans to let the SS cultivate the east after the war and using the vastly expanded Wewelsburg as the 'centre of the earth' from which to rule as knights of the round table but I wonder how far Himmler would have taken his religious fervour. Would he have been able to make his mix of Aryan/Germanic/Nordic beliefs into a state religion? Himself its high priest? The SS becoming some sort of warriormonks?

Best regards,

Paul
Liam
Enthusiast

Post by Liam »

A main plan forthe SS was to replace the German police force. One reason that the Waffen SS was formed was to give their members more authority as ex-soldiers. Kurt Meyer was an ex-policeman who, despite his lack of stature and bad leg was seen as desirable as a Waffen SS recruit because of his police experience.
Hitler...there was a painter! He could paint an entire apartment in ONE afternoon! TWO coats!! Mel Brooks, The Producers