How elite were waffen SS solders at the last stage of 2 WW?

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
joefraser
Supporter

Re: How elite were waffen SS solders at the last stage of 2 WW?

Post by joefraser »

I have just read this thread and I keep reading about political indoctrination and propaganda. Guys, it goes on now in the U.K. and I would assume all over the world. Whatever the government wants to put over is thrust down our throats and people believe it. The latest thing is the global warming. Anything any scientists say against it is supressed whilst we are fed horror stories of what could happen. The ban smoking campaign was another. When it was brought in over here scientists then said that the effects of passive smoking weren't as bad as had been made out.
Anyway to get back to the thread topic. I will quote from a SS vet. He said "we thought we were an elite and better than the Wermacht, of course we weren't, but at the time we thought we were" Now as with all people they change as they grow older and this could be hindsight. At the end of the day the early Waffen SS perceived themselves as elite and that is the important thing, they thought they were. After early 1944 recruits would have thought they were joining an elite, however with units undermanned they were a shadow of their former self. Even when the units were brought up to near full strength the replacements didn't have the amount of training required. Another point asked about why the leaders sacrificed so many of their troops. You have to get into the mindset of the era and not look at it from todays standards. Back then it was considered an honour to die in the service of Germany, just look at the words of some of the marching songs of the time, and of course the Waffen SS had to take it that bit further because they thought they were the elite.
Matthias Fritz
Almost banned

Post by Matthias Fritz »

JoeFraser, you get it wright but abouth sacrificed waffen SS solders i woud like to add that those guys coud acualy won the war if they were treted as an elite by their political liders and used properly, they were determine to fight and they were much better treined that their oposition ( Russians, English, Americans, etc ) adlist at the begining, they werent scared to lose their lifes and perhaps the moust important thing they were properly polical indoctrinated thinking abouth their selfs as superhumans, so why were so stupid sacrificed ?

I realy belive that at that time they were an elite solders, yust compare their fight determination to any other military branche, german or elais, they simply didnt have proper oponent, not for a log shot !!! Yust take a look at their equipment, they have camo uniforms ( not known to any army until than ), panzers, arm wepen, etc ...

How come that so many evropians wolontere to Waffen SS, they must be drown to it, but with what if not by that elite stigma !!!

Matthias
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

For those of you who don't know, Matthias Fritz is nothing more than a swindler and a liar, according to reports on other research and collecting Web sites. A couple of days ago he posted a bizarre story on AHF about being the "granddaughter" of a Slovenian partisan and having a rare Totenkopfring belonging to an executed SS officer.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 8&t=144242

Matthias Fritz has already been banned on nearly every forum.

Detailed reports from people all over the world of his loathesome behavior, including a couple from Slovenia who manage to write in perfect English, can be seen here:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... p?t=268435

and here:

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/ ... 2440084474

I suggest that people avoid wasting their time on this charachter.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

All, please note the comment on here -

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 7#p1253297
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
ghp95134
Supporter

Post by ghp95134 »

phylo_roadking wrote:All, please note the comment on here -

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 7#p1253297
Phylo, can you cut and paste for those of us (any others?) who are not members of axishistory? I don't really want to become a member just to read the comment.

Thanks,
--Guy Power
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Forgot that was in "The Lounge" and wouldn't be visible...
Re: Banned members
by Marcus Wendel on 30 Sep 2008 13:09

Matthias Fritz / Sara has been banned for threatening a fellow forum member.

/Marcus
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds