I have
1.SS-Gren.Reg.(rum.Nr.1)
2.SS-Gren.Reg.(rum.Nr.2)
1.SS-Gren.Reg.(bulg.Nr.1)
Were help me!!
JEROME Georges
Supporter

Post by JEROME Georges »

A Waffen-Gren.Div (rum) was planned (FHA Tgb. 4024/44 from 3/11/44) but finally Rumänischer Waffenverband der SS was set up (SS-Staf Fortenbacher) with 2 rgt
- Waffen-Grenadier-Regiment (rum n°1) SS-Stubaf Wegner
- Waffen-Grenadier-Regiment (rum n°2) SS-Staf Ludwig
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Jan and Georges (or is it Jerome?)!

I have the following short entry from David Littlejohn's "Foreign Legions of the Third Reich - Volume 4" (1987) concerning the Bulgarian Waffen-SS unit:
In the autumn of 1944, Himmler again raised the question of a Bulgarian contribution to the Waffen S.S., suggesting that this might be in an initial strength of a Grenadier (infantry) regiment which could, hopefully, form the basis for a projected Waffen-Grenadier-Division der S.S. (bulgarische Nr. 1). This turned out to be overly optimistic.

At Dollersheim in Austria, the S.S. was able to muster only 25 officers, 56 non-commissioned officers and around 500 other ranks. They were joined there by some Brannik Youth student from german universities. By April 1945 an Antitank regiment - S.S. Panzer-Zerstörer-Regiment (bulgarisches) - had been formed. It's contribution to the war in Europe ended one month later. The commander of this regiment was Colonel Rogosarof, one-time Minister of Labor in the Bulgarian government and also leader of the Bulgarian Labor Service.
I wonder if the germans this late in the war would ever have pondered to put a Bulgarian political leader (what ever military background) as a Regimental commander? Maybe as a honorary one? Well, that's just my two cents on this matter for now...

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Jan
Associate

Post by Jan »

I found in the Book from Tieke "Kampf um Berlin" a Panzer-Zerstörer-Regiment 103 (rum).
Its Regiment 103 = Rum.Waffen.Gren.Reg.d.SS 1 or 2

Jan