SS-Brigadefûhrer Hermann Fegelein

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Brigadefuhrer_Grim

SS-Brigadefûhrer Hermann Fegelein

Post by Brigadefuhrer_Grim »

This is my first post, I'm exsited to taking part of this forum. [I want to state that I am no nazi, and that I fully walk the same line as feldgrau as of political questions.]

My first ever post will be about Hermann Fegelein, the playboy of The Third Reich. He got my atention as I saw the Untergang [Downfall] Movie, and since then I have tried to find information about him. But there has been litle to find for my taste. I want everything people know! Childhood, Waffen SS history, relationship with generals and his love for horses, moral questions, closest family tree... in other words.. EVERYTHING you guys know! If anyone of you know that he once killed an ant with his boot, I want to know about it.

I'm also collecting a repro militaria uniform for my first time, and this is gonna be Hermann Fegeleins Unirform. It's gonna be a Brigadefuhrer Uniform with the Florian Geyer cuff title, and iron crosses and other badges. Now I would like to know what he would likely were on his uniform in his last days and also what he has earned during his years in military service.
Brigadefuhrer_Grim

Where do I find detail'd info about what kind of awards and badges he got? And what would he probably be wearing in his last days?

In Der Untergang he is wearing a green uniform with black collar [Is this the M36 uniform??] and the insignia of an Brigadefuhrer [after 1942]. He also wears his Florian Geyer Cuff-title and the german SS Arm-eagle [Ofcaurse]. Also he wears the Knight Cross but only with the oakleaves, not with the swords. Anyone can explain this? Then he has the Iron Cross 1st class, the 2nd class ribbon, a wound badge '39, an Infantry Assault Badge and a close combat clasp in gold. Can anyone confirm or correct this for me?
Last edited by Brigadefuhrer_Grim on Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dnl-panzerschreck

Post by dnl-panzerschreck »

Gruppenführer Fegelein had the CCC in silver, the RK with oakleaves and swords, DKiG, EK I and II, KVK II, Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen silver, Allgemeine-Sturmabzeichen silver;wound badge 39 in silver, ostmedaille + some minor decorations.
More here: http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/SS-PO ... f_A-G.html
Brigadefuhrer_Grim

dnl-panzerschreck wrote:Gruppenführer Fegelein had the CCC in silver, the RK with oakleaves and swords, DKiG, EK I and II, KVK II, Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen silver, Allgemeine-Sturmabzeichen silver;wound badge 39 in silver, ostmedaille + some minor decorations.
More here: http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/SS-PO ... f_A-G.html
I did'nt understand all of them... DKiG and KVK??
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi,

So far, here is what I have.

Ritterkreuz - 2nd March 1942
Eichenlaub (Oak Leaves) - 21st December 1942
Schwerter (Swords) - 30th July 1944
(From L-D-W)

Nahkampfspange in Silber (Close Combat Clip in Silver) - December 5th, 1943 (Never awarded Gold - from WAF)

Also, WAF states that he has a '20. Juli 1944' silver wound badge, of which only 24 were awarded - to people injured in the attempt on Hitlers life on the above date. Whether he had a regular verwundetenabzeichen (wound badge), I dont know.

Cheers,
Last edited by Jock on Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jock
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi Grim,

DKiG = Deutsches Kreuz in Geld (German Cross in Gold), and KVK II = Kriegsverdienst Kreuz Klasse II (War Merit Cross Second Class).

If I come up with anything else, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Cheers,
Jock
Brigadefuhrer_Grim

Jock wrote:Hi Grim,

DKiG = Deutsches Kreuz in Geld (German Cross in Gold), and KVK II = Kriegsverdienst Kreuz Klasse II (War Merit Cross Second Class).

If I come up with anything else, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Cheers,
Hey great! Thanks to all of you guys helping me! Now I have thought about using the Black SS Uniform instead of the Field-grey, is this realistic? I don't know to much about what types of uniforms the different units and commanders used.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Brigadefuhrer_Grim wrote:Now I have thought about using the Black SS Uniform instead of the Field-grey, is this realistic?
Use the Feldgrau uniform. More accurate, not quite as politically volatile!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
sid guttridge
on "time out"

Post by sid guttridge »

Hi Jan-Hendrik,

Your reply was straight to the point, answers the question, gives sources and has no editorialising. A model Feldgrau answer.

Cheers,

Sid.
Brigadefuhrer_Grim

I know there is'nt to many known pictures of Hermann Fegelein, but I found one in an old book I hav'nt seen before.
As stated in the book the people in the picture is:

1. Arthur Axmann, leader of the Hitlerjugend.
2. Hermann Fegelein
3. Julius Schaub, Hitlers adjutant
4. Adolf Hitler
5. General Burgdorf
6. Burgdorfs adjutant, Hans Linge

As far as I know, this is the last known picture taken of Fegelein. This is just 40 days before his death[?] 29th of April.
tigre
Patron

Re: SS-Brigadefûhrer Hermann Fegelein

Post by tigre »

Hello to all :D; more.........................................

SS-Kavallerie-Brigade 1941.

Source: SS KAVALLERIE IM OSTEN. Verlag Westermann - Braunschweig.

Cheers. Raúl M 8).
Attachments
image103.jpg
image103.jpg (41.47 KiB) Viewed 6566 times
Serás lo que debas ser o no serás nada. General José de San Martín.