Hans Eberbach

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Hans N
Supporter

Hans Eberbach

Post by Hans N »

Hi,

What outfit did Hans Eberbach, SS-Standartenführer at the time, command
during the fall and winter of 1941. I´m also looking info regarding his outfits during the fightings at Tuula, outside Moscow, in 1941.

Haven´t found anything regarding Eberbach yet so i need desperat help!

Regards

Hans N
Marko
Enthusiast

Post by Marko »

There was a certain General d. Panzertruppen Heinrich Eberbach which also celebrated himself in the battles at Tula with the Panzerbrigade Eberbach (created from the remaining panzers of 3rd and 4th Panzer Division). At the time of the battles around Tula he was still Oberst.
You can find more about him:
http://www.feldgrau.com/search-officers2.php?ID=401
I also don't recall of any Waffen-SS unit being deployed on the Tula front.
Hans N
Supporter

Hans Eberbach

Post by Hans N »

Hi Marko and others!

There was a swedish volunteer in a SS - Brigade (probably in SS - Brigade 1) that took part in the battle of Tula. Against them was among others some russian cavallry-unit.

I´m trying to find out if it was SS - Brigade 1 or not and if the commander was this SS - Standartenführer Hans Eberbach.

/Hans N
Marko
Enthusiast

Post by Marko »

Hi Hans!
I've checked a few additional info.
1st SS-Inf.Brigade was in December 1941 deployed in 2nd Army sector (between 2nd Pz.Army and 6.Army) first with XXXXVIII.Pz.Corps and then in January with LV.Corps. If you have any maps of this area you will notice that the 2.Pz.Arm was concentrated around Tula salient and the 2.Army around Kursk.
There is no mention of the 1st SS-Inf.Brigade in Wolfgang Paul's book die Schlacht um Moskau, but the Brigade most probably took part in finnaly reestablishing firm connection with the Army Group South.
You can also look at Jason's site, you'll see some info on the Brigade and it's commanders.

I hope this is of any use to you.