Osprey SS artwork by Stephen Andrew

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
pak40

Osprey SS artwork by Stephen Andrew

Post by pak40 »

Hi,
It has been a while since I have been here, so here goes.

To me, as a model builder good reference materials and good artwork make for great results in good figures. I must put forth Stephen Andrew's artwork for Osprey as some of the best that I have ever seen(I am very opinionated in this). The details that are added in his artwork have helped me tremendously in my painting and which equipment I use. I do mostly Waffen-SS, generally Das Reich and Wiking divisions, Mr. Andrew's artwork in the center section of book 1 of the newer Waffen-SS series is beyond anything I have seen yet for showing detail and proper placement.

I am greatful to Osprey for use Mr. Andrew's artwork. And I will continue to use it for inspiration in my building. I always wait for new volumes with his work in it.

Respectfully submitted, Chris :D
If at first you don't succeed, forget it.-Murphy
Paul_9686
Associate

Post by Paul_9686 »

The only Osprey books I have which are illustrated by Mr. Andrew are the Elite series book on German mountain troops and the MAA book on the Chinese civil wars, but I agree with you, Chris--he's good. He may not be as good as some just yet, but I've compared Mike Chappell's early work with his most recent work, and he has improved, as has Angus McBride.

Sgt/Maj Chappell and Ron Volstad are my two favorites, but Mr. Andrew is coming along nicely.

Yours,
Paul