Michael Wittmann book by Patrick Agte!

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
krichter33
Enthusiast

Michael Wittmann book by Patrick Agte!

Post by krichter33 »

JJF Publishers have announced on their website that they are considering reprinting the book Michael Wittmann by Patrick Agte, sometime next year. However, they said that in order for them to know if there is enough demand for the book, they want everyone who wants to buy it to email them at [email protected] and let them know that you would buy the book. Otherwise if they don't get enough responses they won't print it. So email them!!!
Klaus Richter
Craig Soward
Supporter

Great Book

Post by Craig Soward »

This certainly is a great book but hard to get hold of! I managed to get a copy on eBay luckily. As well, check out the great book on Wittmann by Gary.L. Simpson called Tiger Ace (Schiffer Military History).
They shall not grow old, as we who are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun & in the morning...WE WILL REMEMBER THEM. LEST WE FORGET!
michael kenny
Associate

Post by michael kenny »

Simpson's book on Wittmann is mostly invention. It is dated and factualy incorrect. The book itself is hard going and almost impossible to read.
Craig Soward
Supporter

I didnt find it that way

Post by Craig Soward »

I didnt find it that way, actually found it interesting. Each to their own I guess
They shall not grow old, as we who are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun & in the morning...WE WILL REMEMBER THEM. LEST WE FORGET!
michael kenny
Associate

Post by michael kenny »

The main point is most of what Simpson wrote is wrong. Using the book as any form of reference would be a big mistake and lead you down many blind alleys.
Frederick L Clemens
Associate

Post by Frederick L Clemens »

You are right, Michael. Simpson's book is a linguistic torture to read - Schiffer did not do a dime's worth of editing on it. I'm glad to hear it is factually wrong so I can safely throw it away.