Hello to all
Operation "Berlin" 1941.
From the KTB Bordflugkommando Gneisenau 1. / 196 for the Unternehmen Berlin:
- 22.01.41 Leaving Kiel
- 30.01. - 01.02.41 Oil takeover at sea
- 08.02.41; 9:00-10:30; Alarm, sighting of an English convoy, attack is abandoned as a battleship is identified as escorts.
- 14.02.41 Oil takeover
- 21.02.41 board aircraft of SH and GU fly strip reconnaissance.
09.42h: Viewing several independent targets
10.51h: first Br. Steamer "Kantarn" (3327 GRT) sinks.
13.10h: second Br. Steamer "Trelawny" (4689 GRT) sinks.
16:22 h: third steamer "A.D.Huff" (6219 GRT) sinks.
16.40h: board aircraft attacks Br. Steamer "Halesden" (5400 BRT) with bombs and MG's, without success, bombs were duds, planes receives enemy fire.
17.30h: GU is looking for this steamer
23.07h: fourth steamer "Halesden" (5400 GRT) sinks.
- 23.02.-05.03.41 war sailing, airplanes fly from time to time strip reconnaissance.
- 27.02.41: Oil takeover.
- 05.03.41 Airplanes fly reconnaissance acc. Fleet G 13 Plan Y. At the landing at 16:06h T 3 + AK was severely damaged, struts of the engine mount broken. It is therefore commanded by the fleet to exchange the on-board aircraft of the GU for one of the SH and exchange for T 3 + HH. T 3 + AK rolls to SH at 19:50h. Takeover at 20.09h.
- 06.03.41, T 3 + HH is made clear to the transfer, when relocating the machine (AK), the standing on the catapult machine (HH) is too far advanced and falls, as the carriage lock released, is upside down from the catapult, 80% breakage ,
- 12.03.41, oil transfer from the tanker "Ermland", transfer of prisoners.
09.30h: Nw. Tanker "Bianka" (5688 BRT) taken.
13.00h: Br. Tanker "San Casimiro" (8046 GRT) taken.
17.00h: Nw. Tanker "PolyKarp" (6405 GRT) taken.
17.15h: Br. Tanker "Simnia" (6197BRT) is sunk.
04.00h: dimmed sailing steamer (5000 GRT) is sunk.
09.00h: Fr. Steamer "Myson" (4364 GRT) is sunk.
19.00h: Br. Steamer "Chileanreefer" (1838 BRT) is sunk.
- 22.03.41, 10.15h Arrival in Brest!
Sources: https://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/i ... ic=11492.0
Cheers. Raúl M
Serás lo que debas ser o no serás nada. General José de San Martín.