Graf Spee's eagle has been lifted.

German Kriegsmarine 1935-1945.
Groscurth
Contributor
Location: Couloir Gervasuti,east side of Mont Blanc du Tacul.

Graf Spee's eagle has been lifted.

Post by Groscurth »

It is the only one of that sizes that still exist in the world, weight: 300kg.
-"Two things are unendless: the universe and human stupidity. But I am not so sure about the universe" Einstein
-Question: "Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?" Answer: "To prevent the sensible ones from going home!" Anonymous
Groscurth
Contributor

Post by Groscurth »

It is on most newsshow on TV.
Here is a BBC link:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4702832.stm
-"Two things are unendless: the universe and human stupidity. But I am not so sure about the universe" Einstein
-Question: "Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?" Answer: "To prevent the sensible ones from going home!" Anonymous
John W. Howard

Nice Link

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Groscurth:
Thank you for the link!! I hope your ice-axe is sharp, your ice-screws strong, and your rope is un-frayed!! Best wishes.
John W. Howard
Groscurth
Contributor

Re: Nice Link

Post by Groscurth »

[quote="John W. Howard"]Hello Groscurth:
Thank you for the link!! I hope your ice-axe is sharp, your ice-screws strong, and your rope is un-frayed!! Best wishes.[/quote]

Hello, John, or Ice axes are sharp and my rope still strong! But today, I wa celebrating the victory in the downhill decend in Turin of a man that live snot far away from here in a small village of 500 perons (Morillon): Gold medal winner Antonio ("Tonio") Dénériaz!

That was unexpected. I thought that Boddie would whin (I am fan since I know how he grow up and for wich he stands for) . BTW most (top, not me) skiers that are not drunk say that the winning off the Christal globe (best skier over all diciplines in the world cup) is still the highest (Boddie Miller, last year) in a life time. :wink:

All the best!
John W. Howard

Voila

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Groscurth:
I was very surprised by Deneriaz's win and very excited for him; he seems like a great guy!! My brother used to do some ice and rock climbing, and I went along with him a couple of times; I was in Seattle, Washington at the time. Very exciting indeed!!! Take care, and congratulations on the victory of your local hero!!
John W. Howard
General Von Mack

Post by General Von Mack »

Interesting link. Thanks for the info!
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

This "Gem" belonges to a german "Kriegsmarine" Museum, not in another stupid so called "Collection", Overseas, way beyond the Pond!

Michael
Styria

German Naval Museum

Post by Styria »

In the newspaper article about the raising it mentions this is plan by as group of German and Argentine investors to open a museum dedicated to the German Navy in WWII. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Thanks
(if I remember correctly it was a Reuters, in the Sydney Morning Herald, not sure on the date)
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

THIS would be the best Place: http://www.marinemuseum.de/

Michael
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

Image so cool... :D