Hello everyone; something about............................
Aufklärungsverbände der Luftwaffe - Reconnaissance units of the German Air Force
Close reconnaissance (Nahaufklärer).
Aerial reconnaissance for the command of the army was to provide information on the terrain, displacements and distribution of enemy forces, on the preparation, development and completion of combat activities, movements and situation behind enemy lines such as marches and resupply of the enemy forces. For operational reconnaissance, the Army Groups, the armies and later the armored groups each had a reconnaissance squadron (F) composed of 12 aircraft, for tactical and combat reconnaissance, the armored divisions and corps had a squadron of reconnaissance (H) each of 12 aircraft and 3 liaison planes tactically subordinated - due to the lack of reconnaissance aircrafts, by 1941, the number of aircrafts had to be reduced to 6. For army groups, armies and more later armored groups were established the air force commanders - Kommandeure der Luftwaffe (Koluft), for the armored corps since 1940 the air group leader - Gruppenführer der Flieger (Grufl.).
The Koluft staff was dissolved at the end of 1941/42. As a rule, squadrons F and H were grouped into close and long reconnaissance groups (NAG and FAG). The long-range reconnaissance aviation received its operational orders from the Luftwaffe, the results of the reconnaissance were sent by the Ic / Lw to the army. The Nahaufklärer received instructions on cooperation with the corps and armored divisions.
The air units planned to cooperate with the army had double-digit numerals, because the groups (for tactical reasons) consisted of F and H squadrons. For example, Reconnaissance Group 41, meant the Fourth Army Reconnaissance Group in the area of the Air fleet 1.
From 1939 to 1941, the Panzer divisions had subordinate tactical squadrons (Pz.). From 1943, the conversion to single-seat reconnaissance aircraft was gradually carried out. For this purpose, the squadrons - as the war situation evolved - were withdrawn and placed under the same group. Like a single-seater, they were called 1.-3. / 12th. As there were still old squadrons, which still flew with Hs 126 or Fw 189, these were called 11./12. and 12./12.
The strength of a squadron H was approximately 20 Officers (including 1 doctor), 340 NCOs and enlisted men, plus 64 motor vehicles. The squadrons F had more personnel. As of 1942, only flight personnel and senior technical personnel remained in the squadrons.
Sources: http://odkrywca.pl/samoloty-niemieckie- ... tml#115351
http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gli ... /Index.htm
Cheers. Raúl M
Serás lo que debas ser o no serás nada. General José de San Martín.