Pilots and Units in Battle of Britian.

German Luftwaffe 1935-1945.
Ian Earl
Contributor

Pilots and Units in Battle of Britian.

Post by Ian Earl »

Hi all

Well I need your help!

I am researching the Luftwaffe pilots that flew in the Battle of Britian.

I have all the obvious experten sorted out its all the lesser known ones that I need. So if anyone can help out please get in touch with a PM.

Ideally if anyone has a data base of this info then I will love ya foe ever.
Somewhere far far away doing secret things to nasty people in hot climates. Sssshhhh dont tell the wife, she thinks I play a piano in a whore house!
Lorenz
Patron

Re: Pilots and Units in Battle of Britian.

Post by Lorenz »

Ian Earl wrote:Hi all
Well I need your help!
I am researching the Luftwaffe pilots that flew in the Battle of Britian.
I have all the obvious experten sorted out its all the lesser known ones that I need. So if anyone can help out please get in touch with a PM.
Ideally if anyone has a data base of this info then I will love ya foe ever.
I have a sneaking suspicion that you are not going to get an overwhelming response to your request. Therefore, I suggest you get these two books (the Ramsey work is in 3 volumes but you will only need the first two) which identify most of the Luftwaffe pilots who took part in the air offensive against England:

Mason, Francis K. Battle Over Britain (London, 1969).
Ramsey, Winston G. (ed.). The Blitz, Then And Now, 3 volumes, (London, 1988-90).

After that, and if you read German, you can spend a couple of thousand quid on the numerous unit histories of the Luftwaffe formations that flew in the air offensive.

Oh yes, one final item. "Britian" is spelled "Britain". If you don't spell it correctly, some people might not know what you are talking about.

--Lorenz
Ian Earl
Contributor

Post by Ian Earl »

Thank you for the reply and the English lesson, a simple slip on the keyboard which I am sure everyone has done.
Somewhere far far away doing secret things to nasty people in hot climates. Sssshhhh dont tell the wife, she thinks I play a piano in a whore house!
Ian Earl
Contributor

Post by Ian Earl »

Ok well maybe I can narrow this down a little.

If anyone has any pilot list of fighter units, either single or multi engine, no matter how small it would be a great help.