German 1st Parachute Division

German Luftwaffe 1935-1945.
Bent9936

German 1st Parachute Division

Post by Bent9936 »

I have almost completed a comprehensive book about the German 1st Parachute Division after three years. The book has around 600 a4 pages excluding maps, orders of battles and other appendices. I have had considerable help from old Fallschirmjägers, who served in 1st Division including a couple of Knight's Cross holders.

It is my intention to publish the book in the last quarter of this year, but before I do so, I would like to ask this forum for help. If anyone believes they have some knowledge about the below listed battles and would like to assist in reading on one or more of the chapters through, I would be most grateful. I have yet to read a history book myself, which did not have any mistakes in it. it is almost impossible not to. Obviously, as a writer one strives for perfection, and hence I would much appreciate members of this forum's opinion on the content and form of the individual chapters. Criticism is most welcome, but it does not necessarily mean that I will agree. As mentioned, the chapters have already been submitted to people, who fought in these battles, and who have already corrected numerous of my mistakes. However, these old paras are all between 85 - 100, and quite understandibly they tend to forget details.

Hence, if you have any particular knowledge about the below battles and would like to help me, I would be most grateful:

1) Operation Weserübung
2) Battle for Narvik
3) Eben Emael
4) The air assults on Holland
5) Battle for Corinth
6) Battle for Crete
7) Battle for Leningrad (nov-dec 1941)
8) Battle for Schaikowka
9) Battle for Mius
10) Battle for El Alamein
11) Battle for Tunisia
12) Battle for Sicily
13) Battle for Orsogna
14) Battle for Ortona
15 Battle for Cassino (jan - may 1944)
16) Battle for Normandy (jun-aug 1944)
17) Battle for Bologna

If you would like to help me, I would e-mail the particular chapter in question and await your comments. Any help would be much appreciated.

Furthermore, I require someone to proofread my English, as English is only my second language. I am willing to pay for a such native English speaking person to proof read my text. The text is probaly 95% correct, but there will be terms/phrases, which will sound distinctly 'un-english' to native speakers.

I am also willing to pay for a German native speaking person to translate the entire book from English. It would be a great advantage, if this person had some prior knowledge of the terminology. Aroundt 25% of the book consists of quotes, which I do have in their original German language - and I do have several knowledgable contacts in German, who would be willing to help with specific phrases and terms if need be.

If anyone are native speakers of either Italian or Polish, I would also be pepared to pay these persons for a complete translation.

My email address is; [email protected]

Yours

Bent
wiltaz
Contributor

Post by wiltaz »

I've sent you email.