Maps of Wehrkreise

German Freikorps, Reichsheer and Reichsmarine 1919-1934.
leopard 2
Supporter

Maps of Wehrkreise

Post by leopard 2 »

Hi everybody

I'm looking for a map featuring the Wehrkreise since 1921... and others ones each time a modification in the structure of the Wehrkreise has appeared.
I've never seen something like that, but hope it's existing.
Thanks

Vincent Dutoit
Shadow
Patron

Re: Maps of Wehrkreise

Post by Shadow »

leopard 2 wrote:Hi everybody
I'm looking for a map featuring the Wehrkreise since 1921... and others ones each time a modification in the structure of the Wehrkreise has appeared.
I've never seen something like that, but hope it's existing.
Vincent Dutoit
Greetings Vincent!

I have 3 Wehrkreis maps in my personal files I can pass on to you, but they're mostly just general......they don't show the changes that were made during the war.
I'll pass them along to you via PM if you want to take a look.
I, also, haven't run across anything like what you suggest.

Best regards -
Signed: "The Shadow"
leopard 2
Supporter

Post by leopard 2 »

Good afternoon Shadow

Thanks for your reply, I'd like to have a look at your maps.

But I may have to explain what I want: a map of the Wehrkreis I - VII from 1921 to... (1935?!, don't remember), and then, another map for every change in the organisation of thoses Wehrkreise, that means, everytime a new Wehrkreis is established and/or when limits of them are modified.

The only map I've got is the one from 1939, juste berfore the war (WK I - XIII, XVII and XVIII). Then, if you think the maps you've got may interst me, and when you find the time to do it, then, I'll receive your maps with great pleasure.
Thanks
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

leopard 2 wrote:Good afternoon Shadow
But I may have to explain what I want: a map of the Wehrkreis I - VII from 1921 to... (1935?!, don't remember), and then, another map for every change in the organisation of thoses Wehrkreise, that means, everytime a new Wehrkreis is established and/or when limits of them are modified.
Thanks
Greetings "leopard 2" :D :

Sorry - won't waste your time, the maps I have are pretty "generic" (basic) and I don't think they'd answer your needs above.

Best of luck though - hope somebody has some!
:D
leopard 2
Supporter

Post by leopard 2 »

Hello

I've just found some of those maps I was looking for...

If someone's interstedt, I could scan them :?: :D
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

leopard 2 wrote:Hello

I've just found some of those maps I was looking for...

If someone's interstedt, I could scan them :?: :D

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Greetings "Leopard2" ! :D

Good to hear that you found what you were searching for - well done, mate" :wink:
If you have a few copies you could send my way, I'd be most apprecaitive - thanks much for the offer!

Very best regards -
gdfuseddie

Re: Maps of Wehrkreise

Post by gdfuseddie »

Hi guys,

I'm looking into the Wehrkreise of the Reichswehr and I'm trying to find a map showing the boundaries between the seven Wehrkreise districts. I have found information concerning the Wehrkriese HQs, but that is about all. I have found the titles and authors of 2 books which may help, but cannot find copies of either of them. I eventually came across this post and it sounds just what I am after. If anyone has a copy of the map mentioned in your earlier posts would it be possible to e-mail it to me?

The specific information I am after is for the Wehrkreise district for a soldier joining the Reichswehr from the town of Rudesheim-am-Rhein in 1934. The town is approx 29km west of Wiesbaden. The only maps I have found are for the Wehrkreise districts in 1939 and after, when the number of districts gradually increased. In 1939 it would be in Wehrkreise XII, but in 1934 this district didn't exist and the town sits roughly halfway between the Wehrkriese HQs of Munster (Wehrkreise VI) and Stuttgart (Wehrkreise V). Unfortunately I do not know where the boundaries between Wehrkreise V and VI lie. I am hoping the map you talk of will finally give me the answer I seek.

Hoping you can help, thanks