"Militar - Wochenblatt"?

German Freikorps, Reichsheer and Reichsmarine 1919-1934.
Helmut Von Moltke

"Militar - Wochenblatt"?

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

hi, in Heinz Guderian's memoirs "Panzer Leader", he mentions that in the Reichswehr period he wrote some articles for "Militar - Wochenblatt", a military weekly magazine edited by General von Altrock who praised his stratagies and tactics? Does anyone have any more information on this magazine, when it was closed, etc, von Altrock, and if Guderian's articles in those magazines are available for viewing anywhere? Shouls be intresting. Thanks for any help,

Kevin
Eric Hillebrand

militar-wochenblatt

Post by Eric Hillebrand »

I do not know the dates, or if reprints are available, but I did read that Rommel also wrote articles for this army journal.
Eric
Glenn

Militär-Wochenblatt

Post by Glenn »

The Militär-Wochenblatt was published between 1816 and 1942/43. A semi-official publication published twice a week, it listed (until about 1935) all promotions, assignments, retirements, awards, deaths etc of Prussian, later German officers. It also contained articles relating to military history, tactics and organisation of not only German but also foreign armies.

They are very rare to find with book dealers but certainly the larger German libraries such as the Staatsbibliothek in Berlin, the Munich War Archives and the Bundesheer Military Historical Research Establishment in Potsdam have them in their inventories.

Regards
Glenn
Schultz
Contributor

Post by Schultz »

You can also check German Universities i know Regensberg has several that are available online.

Schultz