MEIN KAMPF online available?

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

canon

MEIN KAMPF online available?

Post by canon »

Was yesterday in germany and tried to buy Mein Kampf in a book shop and tried also some second-hand book sellers. But nothing found. Is it maybe availabe online in german or french language? I don´t mean in parts i mean the book with all pages.

Thanks in advance
canon
Richard Hargreaves
Author

Post by Richard Hargreaves »

You can find it on Kazaa as a download; I'm assuming it's on WinMX too...
Kimmo
Supporter

Post by Kimmo »

I've been thinking about scanning the Mein Kampf (In Finnish) and other books about German Wehrmacht (In German) and some propaganda publications (In German) to my site, but as I'm not fully aware about the possible copyright issues, I haven't done so far.
~ One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry ~
Oscar Wilde
Richard Hargreaves
Author

Mein Kampf, to the best of my knowledge, is not copyrighted, at least not the pre-1945 versions/translations; the same probably goes for books published by the Wehrmacht/Nazi propaganda lines. Copyright law changes between countries, but generally speaking copyright remains with the author of a book, not the publisher.
canon

Post by canon »

Thanks for the response. Well, i tried a google search for Kazaa and Mein Kampf but got only "funny" results. I don ´t want to pay money for that. I always got the same link and clicking this link opens 4 or 5 pop-ups and these pop-ups try to connect to dialers. Cost´s per minute 1,99 €. I tried three other google results but it end always with the link mentioned above. This is not what i want. Before i run into a dialers trap i give some booksellers another visit.

As for the copyright. The author/owner of Mein Kampf is Adof Hitler. And the state of Bavaria is the heritage. The copyright ends in 2020. 75 years after Hitler´s death. They are not hunting foreign people who reprint Mein Kampf or make it availabe for download outside of Germany and if they are not german citizens. That also means you must host your domain´s space in Finnland or Russia, but not Germany.

canon
Richard Hargreaves
Author

I can't really see Adolf Hitler's 'estate' chasing anyone for money over copyright! From memory, I think at the war's end his assets were seized by the Allies - he wasn't hugely wealthy, but he'd made a substantial profit from Mein Kampf...
Panzer Mooyman
Supporter

Post by Panzer Mooyman »

Isnt the complete book available in PDF form at the KKK site?

(OT, and how about Das Kapital. Thats one history book I still gotta read, but its harder to find then Mein Kampf.)
canon

Post by canon »

Help me, what is the KKK site?

Hadn´t Hitler 7 Mio. RM on his account?

Canon
Kimmo
Supporter

Post by Kimmo »

Panzer Mooyman wrote: (OT, and how about Das Kapital. Thats one history book I still gotta read, but its harder to find then Mein Kampf.)
Even more OT, but I have to brag a bit :)

No I don't have Das Kapital, but I have a another small book by Marx.

The Civil War in France, written by Karl Marx and published in Helsinki, during the Finnish civil war.

The book has a long story. It was owned by my grandfather, whom I have never met. He was a true communist and this book was on the best place in their bookshelf.

When my grandfather and grandmother got married, my grandmother demanded that a biography of Mannerheim should be place also to the bookshelf.

And there they sat together, Marx and Mannerheim, on the bookshelf.

My grandfather would just comment to his guests, that his wife is still so young and don't understand things, when the guests would ask about Marx and Mannerheim, being side by side of the bookshelf :)
~ One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry ~
Oscar Wilde
Panzer Mooyman
Supporter

Post by Panzer Mooyman »

Hehe interesting story Kimmo.

Btw dont go to the KKK site the book aint there (and they got nothing else there :wink: )
But I found a pdf version in English and Russian here: http://www.army.lt/liter/

(google is a great util on the net btw :wink: )
canon

Post by canon »

Thanks again.

Found a french copy of Mein Kampf online. Well, i tried to read 20 or 30 lines and found it so stupid to read. I just deleted the file.

...and this book was a top seller in germany with about 11 Mio sold books. Unbelieveable.

Canon
Panzer Mooyman
Supporter

Post by Panzer Mooyman »

Wasnt it true every nazi bought the book, but hardly anyone read it?
SvenW
Contributor

Post by SvenW »

halder wrote:Mein Kampf, to the best of my knowledge, is not copyrighted, at least not the pre-1945 versions/translations; the same probably goes for books published by the Wehrmacht/Nazi propaganda lines. Copyright law changes between countries, but generally speaking copyright remains with the author of a book, not the publisher.

Sorry, that´s absolutly wrong. The Bavarian State ist the copyright holder. And they striktly forbid any reprints.

Sven.