NEW BOOK ON EASTERN FRONT BY CRAIG LUTHER

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

CLuther1950

NEW BOOK ON EASTERN FRONT BY CRAIG LUTHER

Post by CLuther1950 »

Dr Craig Luther, author of the highly-acclaimed "Barbarossa Unleashed. The German Blitzkrieg through Central Russia to the Gates of Moscow, June-December 1941," has just completed a new book due for publication early this fall.
The title of the book is: "The First Day of War on the Eastern Front. Germany Invades the Soviet Union, June 22, 1941."
The book addresses the first 21 hours of Operation Barbarossa (the Germans attacked at just after 0300 hours on Sunday, 22 June) in granular detail. It is based on a broad range of both German and Soviet official military records, as well as graphic accounts by participants on both sides. The book is ca. 450 pages, not including 60 b/w photos (many never before published) and 18 maps.
It is now available for purchase at amazon.com or Stackpole Books.
Anyone interested in reading a graphic excerpt from the book is welcome to visit my web/blog site:
http://www.barbarossa1941.com
Very truly yours,
Dr Craig Luther
Tehachapi CA
(661) 303-8884
Simon H
Associate

Re: NEW BOOK ON EASTERN FRONT BY CRAIG LUTHER

Post by Simon H »

Hello Craig,
Thanks for posting the link as well as letting us know about your latest book, which sounds fascinating.
Simon Harrold

WW2 Battlefield Relics: German Erkennungsmarken decoded.
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Hi Dr. Luther,

Thank you for sharing your upcoming book "The First Day of War on the Eastern Front. Germany Invades the Soviet Union, June 22, 1941".

It sure looks interesting especially for students of Ostfront like myself as well as a couple of forum members.

May I ask if your upcoming book had anything on German sabotage/commando operations during the first days of Barbarossa, 22nd June 1941? I am aware there are some exploits from the Brandenburgers (von Foelkersam etc.) but the ones under Army Group Center are virtually unknown. I am also looking for the SS commando operations during the first days of Barbarossa as well

Whatever tidbits I had on German commando/sabotage operations during the first days of Barbarossa are mainly accounts from the Russian side translated into English.

PZM
CLuther1950

Post by CLuther1950 »

Hi, folks.

Just wanted to let y'all know that a very nice reading sample from the book has now been posted at amazon.com.
Anyone interested can see table of contents, dozens of pages of text, etc.