The Axis Forces Number 2

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Massimiliano Afiero
Contributor

The Axis Forces Number 2

Post by Massimiliano Afiero »

Available, in digital and paperback version, the second number of magazine The Axis Forces, on Soldiershop.com and Amazon.

In this issue:
The Flemish Legion
Felix Steiner and the European Volunteers
The Wiking and the battles in the Izyum area, July 1943
SS-Unterscharführer Max Rudolf Pesarra
The Italian SS Legion
The Foreign Volunteer Legion Military Award & Insignia

Waffen211
Attachments
00_cop_axis_002.jpg
00_cop_axis_002.jpg (52.27 KiB) Viewed 4551 times
Massimiliano Afiero
Contributor

Re: The Axis Forces Number 2

For all forum members, available a free copy in pdf format. Send us your email address.

Waffen211
HenryLee

Post by HenryLee »

I obtained a free copy from Waffen211 and have some comments:

This new magazine was as good as the former magazine "The European Volunteer" contributed by the same editor, but this one contained 20 more pages counting at total 70 pages.

I found this kind of magazine is a good supplement to the current waffen-SS books in the market and, due to the flexible page count, is well suited to present:
1) summarised info. such as Foreign Volunteer legion award & insignia found in this issue
2) obsure units history e.q. SS Panzerjager Battalion 560 and 561 (hope the author can cover this topic later)
3) last well known battles like Battle for Izyum published in this issue
4) Personalities not well covered in other books

I really enjoy the magazine and would like to find additional materials such as book reviews and unpublished photo essay for specific topic in future issues.
Massimiliano Afiero
Contributor

Thank you Henry. We will listen to your tips safely and try to improve the content of our magazine more and more. But you keep following us.

Waffen211
Halle

Post by Halle »

Couldn't find it on Amazon...?
Massimiliano Afiero
Contributor

This is on Amazon.com.....

Waffen211
Attachments
amazon.jpg
amazon.jpg (180.82 KiB) Viewed 4145 times
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Hello Waffen211,

I observed that most of the content of the magazine "The Axis Forces" has more on topics on Waffen SS which is very similar to "The European Volunteer" and "Ritterkreuz".

Any chance to include topics that dealt specifically from the Axis nations rather than just only Waffen SS?

I have a copy of the Italian magazine 'La Legione" sent to me by a good comrade long time ago and I find it quite interesting especially on Italian units before and during the RSI era.

I think it's a good opportunity for the author to explore these units especially RSI units infos are pretty uncommon in the English-speaking market.

I would certainly be very interested on articles in English about Italian units such Black Brigades, Battaglione "M", Nembo/Folgore units, Decima X, post-war Gladio units such as Stella Alpina & Stella Marina

cheers
PZM
Massimiliano Afiero
Contributor

Thanks for your comments. Certainly in the upcoming numbers we will be dealing with RSI formations, we have in preparation a series of articles on the Barbarigo battalion on the Anzio front, for example, as well as other articles on other voluntary Axis formations. We're just two numbers, but we will always try to improve, thanks to your reports.

Waffen211