New book on SS-Pz.Rgt.12

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Charles Trang
Supporter

New book on SS-Pz.Rgt.12

Post by Charles Trang »

This is the first volume of a series of two books on the 12.SS-Pz.Division "Hitlerjugend". The first to be published is volume 2 which treats in detail the history of SS-Pz.Rgt.12 till the end of the battle of Normandy. This luxious book in beautiful paper has about 500 pages and contains hundreds of photos which have never been published before. The text is based around the SS-Pz.Rgt.12 KTB with numerous accounts from the regiment's veterans. This is really an outstanding work, one of the best to have been published for years ! It can be ordered via Editions Maranes.
Charles Trang
Supporter

Re: New book on SS-Pz.Rgt.12

Post by Charles Trang »

Ooops, I forgot to say that the author is Stephan Cazenave (SS-Pz.Aufkl.Abt.10, Tiger).
MAMC

Post by MAMC »

Is it in english ?...
"Coming back is secondary today.......
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

It is written in French. Clearly, most of the "new" WSS units histories are now written in French ! Those written in English are just translations of original German books.
MAMC

Post by MAMC »

I thought as much. I have seen some of your fine books advertised, how I wish they were in English......
As an aside I just purchased the two volume history of the "Gotz Von Berlichingen"( by heimdal) despite some indifferent reviews about translation. While the photographs are okay, the three languages are a drain on the patience, apart from the poor translation...
"Coming back is secondary today.......
Jukka Juutinen
Supporter

Post by Jukka Juutinen »

Charles, what do you believe to be the reason for the preponderance of French authored and published books on the topic lately? I.e. do French authors and/or publishers have something that English language authors/publishers do not? Is perhaps French military history publishing atmosphere more favourable?
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

There is a lot of readers for the books relative to the Second World War in France. Editions Heimdal are publishing a book on this subject every 15 days. One of their last production is a book on SS-Pz.Rgt.12, different from Stephan Cazenave's. Of notice is also a remarkable book on Légion Wallonie written by a Belgian author who has done a fantastic work, with plenty of never seen before photos, documents and testimonies. A must have.
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

Charles Trang wrote:There is a lot of readers for the books relative to the Second World War in France. Editions Heimdal are publishing a book on this subject every 15 days. One of their last production is a book on SS-Pz.Rgt.12, different from Stephan Cazenave's. Of notice is also a remarkable book on Légion Wallonie written by a Belgian author who has done a fantastic work, with plenty of never seen before photos, documents and testimonies. A must have.
Hello Charles
Do you mean this one ?

Best regards from Belgium
Prosper :wink:
P.S. The books written by Eddy Debruyne about the same subject and about L.Degrelle are also very interresting
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

Yes it is.