New Peiper book by Westemeier???

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

krichter33
Enthusiast

New Peiper book by Westemeier???

Post by krichter33 »

On Amazon.de, they seem to have listed a new 952 page book about Peiper by Westemeier. Does anyone know anything about this upcoming book? http://www.amazon.de/Himmlers-Krieger-J ... 339&sr=1-1
Klaus Richter
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Re: New Peiper book by Westemeier???

Post by John P. Moore »

This was the first I have heard of this book. 98 Euros seems like a lot to pay for such a book. I believe that this makes the third book that Westemeier has written about Peiper since 2006 and find it odd that an author would devote so much time to a single person. But since Westemeier didn't get things right on his first two attempts, are we to believe that this book is any better? This book should be popular with that segment of German society who holds the belief that all members of the Waffen-SS were "murderers". It will be interesting to see the reviews on Amazon. For people who can't get enough of Peiper, it is probably better if they wait for the book by Danny Parker that is soon to appear. I have read parts of that manuscript and it is very well written and objective.

John
krichter33
Enthusiast

Post by krichter33 »

I agree John. I'm going to wait for Parker's book. I too have read parts of it and it seems really good.
Klaus Richter
Dutto1
Supporter

Post by Dutto1 »

The book from what i can tell is a published version of his dissertation for his docterate that he obtained from the University of Potsdam.

http://www.uni-potsdam.de/portal/nov09/ ... tionen.htm

It's a shame its not in English as my German is not to good.

Regards

Ron
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

I thread on this one carefully since Westemeier had already written 2 books on Jochen Peiper (the first one, was pro-Peiper, the 2nd one was anti-Peiper)

My suggestion is to wait for Danny S. Parker's upcoming book on Peiper in 2013/2014