Fatal Crossroads by Danny S. Parker-A Review.

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Dutto1
Supporter

Fatal Crossroads by Danny S. Parker-A Review.

Post by Dutto1 »

Hallo Feldgrau,

I thought i would share my review of Danny S.Parker's new book Fatal Crossroads which is a new study of the Malmedy Massacre.

I posted this on AHF a while back.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 9&t=185596

There is also a page on Facebook with interesting facts posted.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fatal-Cr ... 0703696281

Regards,

Ron
John W. Howard

Re: Fatal Crossroads by Danny S. Parker-A Review.

Post by John W. Howard »

Thanks for the quick review. I am glad someone took the time to take a scholarly look at the incident from both sides.
John W. Howard
Dutto1
Supporter

Post by Dutto1 »

Thanks John.I could have wrote a longer one but i want potential readers to judge it for themselves i must say it is an outstanding study of the subject.

Here is an Amazon link where members can use a look inside function to see a preview of the content of the book.Note the notes at the back of the book to show the depth of research that has went into producing the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Fatal-Crossroads- ... nny+parker

Regards

Ron
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

I just finished MR. Parker's book, and I am most impressed. He really knows his subject matter and by the time you finish reading his book, so will you. I have read most of the books pertaining to the massacre at Baugnez over the years, but this book impressed me the most for its thoroughness. Mr. Parker also has a knack of using extensive eye-witness accounts to put the reader on the scene back in 1944. Mr. Parker uses eye-witness accounts made at the time, or shortly thereafter, plus accounts made much later, sorting and sifting fact from discrepancy. He uses accounts made by the German troops involved, interrogations made pre and post Swabisch Hall, and more recent accounts. Included in the book are numerous detailed maps and diagrams along with extensive appendices, which detail survivors, victims, escapees, and the order of march of both the German and American columns. There are also copious footnotes of great value. One of the more interesting aspects of the book is the information gleaned from the German participants. The bravery of many Belgians who risked their lives to aid the Americans made quite an impact on me. In short, this is a tremendous book well worth reading. I have heard rumors that Mr. Parker is going to publish a biography of Jochen Peiper, and I hope he does, because his objectivity on that subject will be most welcome.
John W. Howard