New Jason Mark book!

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Jagger

Re: New Jason Mark book!

Post by Jagger »

jmark wrote:
Jagger wrote:I have been wondering if J. Mark has thought about delving into the other major sieges: Crimea, Lenningrad.
I definitely have considered both of these campaigns. Certain aspects of the Leningrad battle are of intense interest to me: the Mga bottleneck, Sinyavino Heights, the Kirishi bridgehead, etc. Lucky me, I'm heading to St. Petersburg in a few weeks with a small group to investigate these battlefields. We went to the Crimea in 2009 and I have a soft spot for that campaign, too. There may be something about that soon! :wink:

Jason
A JMark book covering the Bottleneck {Shlissel'burg-Siniavino-Mga}, w/ aerial photo-overlays would be a must have.
Couple of questions, would it be possible to do / oversize like Angriff? Oversize helps / maps and aerial photos.
Also, have you thought about doing a triliogy, say {encirclement-siege-breakout}?
Frederick L Clemens
Associate

Post by Frederick L Clemens »

Should be another J Mark classic!
Lexxx
Supporter

Post by Lexxx »

Gentlemen - I was very fortunate to receive an advance copy of Jason Mark's latest book, Besieged. I am happy to report that it has been written to Jason's usual standards of thoroughness and detail. The book is loaded with photographs and maps that are being published for the very first time.

I have been very interested in Cholm ever since reading Russ Schneider's fictional account, Siege. Jason's book brings this often overlooked battle to life.

If you enjoyed Jason's earlier work, Island of Fire, then you will love Besieged. A+
kwilper

Post by kwilper »

I really enjoyed Death of the leaping horseman so I just had to order this one! Looking forward to it, even though I haven't heard much about this battle :oops: .