Das Reich V almost ready !!!

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Dutto1
Supporter

Das Reich V almost ready !!!

Post by Dutto1 »

Good news from JJ Fedorowicz they are almost ready to publish the last volume of the Das Reich history that has taken almost 18 years from start to finish !

I will purchase the whole set once the last volume goes on pre publication offer !

My source for the info is Fedorowicz website .

Regards

Ron
Ritterkreuz

Re: Das Reich V almost ready !!!

Post by Ritterkreuz »

18 years??!!?!? it's incredible! but i think who the series on the Das Reich are the Bible of Division!

in the future i want buy that series
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

I purchased my copy of Vol V nearly 30 years ago when it was first published in 1982! I purchased all the other volumes years earlier. It's better to learn to read German and French so you don't have such a long wait for English translations to appear, if they ever do. For those seriously interested in the history of the "Das Reich" division Mark Yerger's books on the subject are a goldmine of information through his extensive use of period documents that were not available to Otto Weidinger together with his many personal contacts with former division members.

John
Rotanhäntäpistin
Supporter

Post by Rotanhäntäpistin »

It is easy to say "learn German/French" when they might be one's first foreign languages. E.g. in my case they would be 3rd and 4th foreign languages. I think it would be equal to tell a PacWar enthusiast to "learn Japanese" or Eastern Front enthusiast "learn Russian". One rarely encounters those exhortations.