Armor books

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

JBark

Armor books

Post by JBark »

I'm always on the look for a good low priced book on armor. I particularly enjoy a good informative read about German and Russian armor and the war on the eastern front. Any recomendations?
Bittrich
Contributor

Re: Armor books

Post by Bittrich »

Are you looking for first hand accounts, or general referance? Tigers in Mud from Otto Carius, or Will Feys Armoured Battles of the Waffen-SS are good. Patrick Agte wrote Michael Wittman and the Waffen SS Tiger Commanders of the Leibstandarte in WWII (two volumes). Wolfgang Schneider wrote Tigers in Combat (two volumes). Which are all good books, but most of them focus on the Tiger tanks and more so on the men who operated them. I enjoyed reading all of the above mentioned books, but if you do not like the Tiger tank then I did not give you a good selection. There are more than I listed and there are more technical books, but those were ones I read and enjoyed. Hope it helps.
To those who fought reguardless of nationality
hucks216
Contributor

Re: Armor books

Post by hucks216 »

Zitadelle by Mark Healy is a very good read on that battle and one that cuts through alot of the myths surrounding that battle, while The Bloody Triangle by Victor J Kamenir is also a very good read and covers the armour battles in the Ukraine in the early days of Barbarossa and then you have Panzerschlacht by Perry Moore which covers the armoured battles in Hungary in 1944. All can be found for a relatively cheap price on Amazon, usually in the Used & New sections.