A couple of excellent imminent Ostfront books

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Marc Rikmenspoel
Enthusiast

Re: A couple of excellent imminent Ostfront books

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel »

If you can't actually offer any anlysis, why bother to post? I think it is all true and accurate, and the reasons have been explained. The part about 1941 or 1942 is that the Germans had to wear down Soviet manpower, which they did. Then, the Soviets made good their losses by using people normally too old or too young, and by conscripting the men of places they (re)captured. The healthy young Russian men were almost gone, those that were left were concentrated in Guards assault units.
paul_atrydes

Post by paul_atrydes »

Marc Rikmenspoel wrote:If you can't actually offer any anlysis, why bother to post? I think it is all true and accurate, and the reasons have been explained.
I haven't seen any proofs, only unfounded statements.
The part about 1941 or 1942 is that the Germans had to wear down Soviet manpower, which they did. Then, the Soviets made good their losses by using people normally too old or too young, and by conscripting the men of places they (re)captured. The healthy young Russian men were almost gone, those that were left were concentrated in Guards assault units.
Again don't see any proofs (quantity of mobilized, their distribution on age and a nationality).
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

I think book is one excellent addition to books on the subject of anti-Soviet nationalist resistance but the price is quite expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Soviet-Counterins ... 627&sr=1-1

This one would be on my 2011 wishlist
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

There is another one on my 2011 wishlist

http://www.amazon.com/War-Twilight-Worl ... 30&sr=1-10#_
Rotanhäntäpistin
Supporter

Post by Rotanhäntäpistin »

Interesting! I just wonder if the editors' overall attitude is reflected in the introduction as while they seem to hail what they call "popular resistance" they fail to mention that such popular resistance was illegal, i.e. if you wish to enjoy the privilieges of a civilian in war, you must behave like a civilian and that does not allow for "popular resistance".
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

I am going to have a lots of books on my wishlist.....(but pay rise isn't forthcoming :( )

Another upcoming Ostfront book!

http://www.amazon.com/CATACLYSM-War-Eas ... d_sim_b_12