Devils Guard

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

madmike

Devils Guard

Post by madmike »

Anyone read Devils Guard?
Marc Rikmenspoel
Enthusiast

Re: Devils Guard

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel »

I've read it, or parts of it. I believe it is fiction, but fiction based on some knowledge of events in Indo-China/Vietnam involving German ex-SS men. It's entertaining at least.

I have a copy of the 1st hardcover printing I'm looking to sell, send me a PM if interested.
bil
Supporter

Post by bil »

There is also a sequel,something like 'Return of The Devils Guard.Both interesting reading,but as for how factual,I will leave that to others. ---bil
hucks216
Contributor

Post by hucks216 »

I believe there are 3 books in the series. I read the first one years ago and it is very good but as has already been said how factual it is I will leave up to the reader to decide. I recently read on another forum of a member supposedly meeting the German soldier who the book is about (I will post the link if I can find it again!) but how genuine that is is anyones guess.
Copies of Devils Guard are now hard to find and I have yet to see a copy of it for sale at less then £60.

Edit: i have just checked on Amazon and there are now reprints for sale at $25 (Hailer Publishing reprinted the title in 2005)
Gren Schell

Post by Gren Schell »

I have a 1973 copy of the book and it's going up for auction on E-Bay tomorrow if anyone is interested? :[]
Marc Rikmenspoel
Enthusiast

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel »

I sold my copy on the Amazon marketplace, it took a couple of months, but I got my asking price of $249.00. I think Amazon might work better than ebay for this book, unless you start the bidding low.