Books by Leandoer and Eckholm

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Aragorn2008

Books by Leandoer and Eckholm

Post by Aragorn2008 »

For quite some time now books by the Swedish publisher Leandoer and Eckholm are expected at Amazon.de. Books with promising titles like SS-Panzer-Aufklarungsabteilung 11: The Swedish SS-Platoon in the Battles for the Baltic, Pomerania and Berlin, 1943 - 1945, Warsaw 2: The Battle at Praga: July - September 1944 and Konigsberg: The Battle for East Prussia January- May 1945: The Russian Offensive: January-February 1945: The Battle for East Prussia January - April 1945. And each time the publishing date is postponed. Does anyone know whether and when these books will ever be published in English? Personally I'm beginning to have my doubts about that.
B Hellqvist
Contributor

Re: Books by Leandoer and Eckholm

Post by B Hellqvist »

Check this AHF discussion on the books and the publisher.
Aragorn2008

Post by Aragorn2008 »

Interesting. Thank you. :shock:
Absalon
Banned

Post by Absalon »

If you really want the truth, ask me, I am the publisher. Hellqvist just wants to put out as much rubbish about us as possible.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Absalon - Instead of attacking Mr. Hellqvist, could you kindly answer the question placed here by Aragorn2008 at the start of this thread? I would like to know the answers too.

John
Absalon
Banned

Post by Absalon »

If you want the dates fro them check with our distributor, Casemate. All books are being delayed as we have to focus energy on fighting BS put out by Mr Hellqvist and others instead of focusing on making the books.
Aragorn2008

Post by Aragorn2008 »

Well, it seems I have stumbled upon a wasp's nest. I just hope these books will indeed be published this year. And I hope they will bring what their titles promise. As far as I'm concerned this topic can be closed too.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Absalon - If you really are the publisher, and I am beginning to wonder if you really are after the bad attitude you show here towards your potentail customers, why would anyone want to purchase your books? I believe that you need to be more responsive to the questions that are being asked here. Otherwise, you should not be surprised if people take their business elsewhere. Books cost a lot of money these days and readers have choices over what they purchase.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Moderator's Note - after some effort deleting posts - it's the start of Winter and I really should be able to put the pruning shears away....
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Michael Miller / ABR
Author

Post by Michael Miller / ABR »

I can vouch for the fact that he is indeed the publisher in question. And therein lies much of the problem. :wink:

~ Mike
"I am a historian before I am a Christian; my object is simply to find out how the things actually occurred."

~Leopold von Ranke, 19th Century German Historian
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Thanks Mike. I would say that he could take some lessons in civility from publishers such as R.J. Bender.
Absalon
Banned

Post by Absalon »

Mr Hellkvist is not considered a potential buyer of our books, and we will not try to please him.
We make the books we wanna make and we get very positive response of them in general. There will always be certain individuals with a different taste than ours but
so what?
Legolas

Post by Legolas »

Absalon wrote:Mr Hellkvist is not considered a potential buyer of our books, and we will not try to please him.
Everyone that doesn't agree with the publisher isn't a potential customer. That's mine and many others experience of this publisher. Several friends and resellers in Sweden and England have testified about this. A good advice, stay away!

Legolas
Absalon
Banned

Post by Absalon »

Oh another one.....And he lies, how unusual....
B Hellqvist
Contributor

Post by B Hellqvist »

Christer Bergström's book Battle of Britain won't be published by Leandoer & Ekholm, as the author and publisher reached a settlement in court yesterday, cancelling the contract. And that's no lie.