World War II Magazinew

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Tolga Alkan
Supporter

World War II Magazinew

Post by Tolga Alkan »

Hello,

Any comments on this magazine?I was thinking to be subscribe this magazine ;however I really need to hear experiences who orders this magazine from outside of the USA.The last thing I heard that Armchair General had bought whole Historynet.com publishing and thinking of change publishing policy.

http://www.historynet.com/magazines/world_war_2

Thanks in advance,
Tolga
The only laws of matter are those our mind must fabricate,And the only laws of mind are fabricated by matter.
derGespenst
Associate

Post by derGespenst »

I was never too impressed with the magazine. OK on a fairly basic level, but very US-centric and I found problems with its accuracy. Mostly, though, the writing was uninspiring.
Benoit Douville
Contributor

Post by Benoit Douville »

I really like the World War II Magazine but I do agree that most of the magazine cover the U.S. Armed Forces during World War II, you will find very few article on the Eastern Front, but they are exception, last year there was an excellent article about the Kurland Pocket Battles and I bought it right away. Anyway, you can also read the article online so you will have an idea before you buy it.

Regards
Richard Hargreaves
Author

Post by Richard Hargreaves »

I've always found it more for the casual WW2 reader (with a distinct American slant...) than a serious research journal.

If you really want to delve into modern conflict, then I'd suggest:

Militargeschichtliche Mitteilungen
VfZ
Journal of Strategic Studies
Journal of Military History
War in (or and?) Society
War in History

and sometimes

Journal of Contemporary History
German History
[/i]
No-one who speaks German could be an evil man
Tolga Alkan
Supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan »

Thanks for the replies and for also suggesting other magazines.

The thing that keeping my eyes on the World War II Magazine is my favorite authors like Michael Reynolds and George Winters write interesting and readable articles periodically.
The only laws of matter are those our mind must fabricate,And the only laws of mind are fabricated by matter.