"Mit den Panzern in Ost und West" by Heinz Guderia

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

WhiteTemple

"Mit den Panzern in Ost und West" by Heinz Guderia

Post by WhiteTemple »

Hi-

I know there is a english translation to this book: Mit den Panzern in Ost und West, but its only 80% translated. I was wondering if anyone knew where the german book could be found to buy. Ive been searching for some time now and all is lost to me at this point. I was hoping to get it for my boyfriend for a nice christmas present since hes about to start German classes, and well loves Heinz Guderian.

Thanks!
Rudi S.
WWII Vet

Heinz Guderian

Post by Rudi S. »

Could it be that this book is the translation of the one you referred to?:

Panzer Leader by Heinz Guderian

When published in 1952, Panzer Leader quickly became a best seller, but over the half-decade that followed, it also established itself as a classic, lauded by Stephen Ambrose as "a mesmerizing read." A dramatic first-person account by the father of modern tank warfare, it is also a searing group portrait of the Third Reich's leading personalities...

Rudi S.
cpa95
Contributor

Post by cpa95 »

Hi,

Guderians book is a report of the campaigns in France and Poland. Its published 1942 or 1943, and it must be handled with care as a war-time-book.

You can find it some times a year on Eb.., see #270056352974 f.ex.

Greetings
Thomas
Last edited by cpa95 on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Das Studium der Tagesmeldungen der Heeresgruppen ist mühseliger als die Lösung eines Kreuzworträtsels (Guderian 4.2.45)
WhiteTemple

Post by WhiteTemple »

Thanks for the help Im bidding on it as I speak. Dont worry it will be his little baby for many many many! years to come...
Richard Hargreaves
Author

Post by Richard Hargreaves »

Very easy to get hold of on abebooks. One of the better produced wartime propaganda books - basically a collection of essays/accounts by officers and PK reporters. The accounts vary in quality and authenticity, and Guderian's part is limited to a forward. The Blitzkrieg in Their Own is an excellent translation of it... but only partial, sadly.

Also useful is Dermony Bradley's biography Generaloberst Heinz Guderian und die Entstehungsgeschichte des modernen Blitzkrieges
No-one who speaks German could be an evil man
WhiteTemple

Post by WhiteTemple »

Yeah I found that one, and having it sent to me already, hehe actually I found it by you replying to someone else in the forums...thanks again! you guys have been a great source of information!

:D