From 11-18

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Alex Coles
Associate

From 11-18

Post by Alex Coles »

From 11-18, how many books should I be buying a year?
Alex

(Also known as 17 SS)
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Tom Houlihan
Patron

Re: From 11-18

Post by Tom Houlihan »

17 SS Panzer Grenadier wrote:From 11-18, how many books should I be buying a year?
You're young, without the financial responsibilities of a wife, kids, mortgage, car, insurance, medical bills, ad nauseum. Buy as many as you can afford!! Even if you don't get to read them all right away, you'll have them!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Wiking5th
Contributor

Post by Wiking5th »

Tom, I could not agree more. I must have about 150 books on the WWII history alone that I have not read. This does not include other works of fiction and non-fiction. That does not stop me from eagerly looking for more books of interest to get.

I figure that books are one thing that nobody can take away from me. It is always been a true joy of life. Besides, I have this idea that the Good Lord will not let me die with a good book not finished reading. Based on this, I should live to at least 130 years old! :wink: :[]

Wiking5th
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Wiking5th wrote: Besides, I have this idea that the Good Lord will not let me die with a good book not finished reading. Based on this, I should live to at least 130 years old! :wink: :[]
Good plan! Methinks I'll sign up for it, too! :up:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
sniper1shot

Post by sniper1shot »

HAHAHAHA I burst out laughing at this as I thought I was the only one like this.....I have a box with about 15 books not read.....but when I am ready to read another I have a small choice to chose from ...Pacific, Eastern, unit , memoir etc.
Just starting an Eastern Front Memoir now, yet I still seek out books and have a "want list" 4 pages long.
Too Funny. :D :[]
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.