help finding my nanna's 1st husband

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

sgrattan

help finding my nanna's 1st husband

Post by sgrattan »

Hi all i'm new to this forum
I'm from Australia and have been trying to search for a fallen family member from ww2. I have copies of his I.d book and the letter my nanna received that informed her of his death. Can anyone help with the translation of the book. i can't upload them as the files are too big
cheers shane
Hiltraut Tieden
Supporter

Re: help finding my nanna's 1st husband

Post by Hiltraut Tieden »

Shane, is it in German or English?
Hiltraut
sgrattan

Post by sgrattan »

they are in german it's a scanned copy of the original trying under stand the numbers in a collum called Stammtollen (i think) rangliften. I'm hoping someone can look at the hand written entries and tell me what they mean
cheers shane
sgrattan

Post by sgrattan »

ok so i seem to have work out from the feldpost nummer that he was in the panzer rgt 6 5th company from 1942. can anyone tell any info on this regiment/company
sgrattan

Post by sgrattan »

:up:
sgrattan

Post by sgrattan »

After a kind person helped me with translation
Its been narrowed down to

Helmut Köllner was a driver of a semi-tracked armored personnel carrier Sd.Kfz. 251 in 5th Co. of Panzergrenadier-Regiment 6 as regimental part of 7th Tank Division (during the war in the West 1940 the CiC of this Division was Erwin Rommel).

Also his death letter was signed by Oberleutnant Hansel. Im hoping someone can help with any info on the above
Cheers shane
Soldat7128
Supporter

Post by Soldat7128 »

sgrattan wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:01 pm After a kind person helped me with translation
Its been narrowed down to

Helmut Köllner was a driver of a semi-tracked armored personnel carrier Sd.Kfz. 251 in 5th Co. of Panzergrenadier-Regiment 6 as regimental part of 7th Tank Division (during the war in the West 1940 the CiC of this Division was Erwin Rommel).

Also his death letter was signed by Oberleutnant Hansel. Im hoping someone can help with any info on the above
Cheers shane
You can always try the German Federal Archives directly:

https://www.bundesarchiv.de/EN/Navigati ... ds-en.html