Translation required...

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Sista Soldjah
Supporter

Translation required...

Post by Sista Soldjah »

Thanks in anticipation:

9.10.1944 an der Front bei Venlo aus der Fallsch.Jager-Div. Erdmann. Diese war teils aus Resten der 6.Fallsch.Jag.Div., teilos aus Fallschirm-Ausbildungseinheiten in der Heimat (u.a. Fallsch.Waffenshule, Fallsch.Schule 1) mit den Rgt. Menzel, Grobmehl, Laytved-Hardegg, Gaeve, den Btl. Schafer und Schluckebier und der Pz.Jag.Abt. Grunwald bei Bitsch gebildet und mit 43 Zugen am 9. Sept. zum Einsatz nach Holland gegen die feindliche Luftlandung bei Arnheim geflogen worden. Sie bildete jetzt:
Fallsch.Jag. Rgt 19 (aus Menzel) I.-III

(Other Regiments are listed but, I don't think that they are important to my research- not sure)

Im Fruhjahr (FpU im Marz) wurde das Artillerie-Rgt. umgegliendert: I. aus I/6, II aus II/3, II. aus bish. I/7
Die Division kam bei der Kapitulation im Raum Oldenburg in englische Gefangenschaft.

(There is other information that follows - but, again, I'm not sure that it is important...)

Cheers
Sis
"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake. "
--Jeannette Rankin first woman Member of Congress
otomasch

Post by otomasch »

9.10.1944 at the front near Venlo from the Paratrooper-Division Erdmann (subject missing). This (division?) was formed partly with the remnants of the 6th Paratrooper-Division and partly with the Paratrooper-Training Units at home (among others the Paratrooper-Weapons Shool, Paratrooper School 1) and the Regiments Menzel, Grobmehl, Laytved-Hardegg, Gaeve, the Battalions Schaefer and Schluckebier and the Anti-Tank Gunner Unit Gruenwald near Bitsch, and flown on the 9th of September with 43 platoons (not trains?) to Holland for action against the airborne landing of the enemy near Arnheim. It (the division?) formed now: Paratrooper-Regiment 19 (from Menzel) I.-III. (…) In the Spring (…? in March) the Artillery-Regiment was transformed: 1. from I/6, II from II/3, II. from up to now I/7. The division came with the surrender in the area Oldenburg into English captivity.
Sista Soldjah
Supporter

Post by Sista Soldjah »

Thanks otomasch...will attempt to make sense of this in the context of my research.

Cheers
Sis
:D :D :D :D :D
"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake. "
--Jeannette Rankin first woman Member of Congress
Volker

Platoons - Trains

Post by Volker »

I would think that in this context the term "Züge" should really mean tarin and not platoon. Estimating a platoon to have 30 men the division would have had 1.290 men only. Therefore , I think author wants to describe the amount of trains necesary to move the division.

Regards,

Volker
Erik k.
Supporter

zugen

Post by Erik k. »

Zugen can mean train or platoon. But at the and of the line it says "geflogen" this means thay thay where flying. I don't think the Germans had flying trains :D
I think in this case the 43 zugen means 43 Platoons.

Regards

Erik
"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning."