Translation Reqeust

Translation requests of German or other languages.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Maus
Supporter

Translation Reqeust

Post by Maus »

Greetings,

I came across an unknown abbreviation in my research. The abbreviation is T.S.A. It is in a report on Winter Warfare Experiences of a medical unit on the Eastern Front. I have looked in Kriegsprache, and cannot come up with a definitive answer for what T.S.A. stands for. Here a link to the page which has the abbreviation on it. (http://www.wehrmachtbericht.com/page29.php)

Look towards the bottom of the page for the abbreviation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Brian Burmeister
Howard
Associate

Re: Translation Reqeust

Post by Howard »

Hi Brian,

after a bit of googling and musing I think it could be something like Truppensanitätsarzneikiste - medical kit box, made of would and containing drugs etc. That would at least fit in with the the fact that it's a medical unit and explain the problems with packagint, but I'm not 100%.

But it would seem that TSA is more usually the abbreviation for Tragkraftsspritzenanhänger - portable fire pump trailer. Maybe a medical unti would need one of these too?
Regards

Howard
Maus
Supporter

Post by Maus »

Hi Howard,

Thanks for your input. My translators were also leaning toward Tragkraftsspritzenanhänger - portable fire pump trailer, but they were not 100% sure either, so I thought I would get a second/third opinion. We will continue to review the possible choices.

Thanks again Howard,

Best Regards,

Brian Burmeister
fridgeman
Supporter

Post by fridgeman »

Hello guys!

TSA:

#1 Truppensanitätsausrüstung - troop medic gear - large boxes with medical supply and instruments - 99% sure

#2 Tragkraftspritzenanhänger - as howard wrote, a trailer specially for firefighters, with water pump and such - 1% sure

#3 Tief- und Sturzflug- Anlage - Low flight and nosedive apparatus - aim defice for bomb drops from low altitude - 0%

Damn the germans and their love for abbreviations :D
Maus
Supporter

Post by Maus »

Hello Fridgeman!

Thanks so much for your input.

Truppensanitätsausrüstung - troop medic gear - large boxes with medical supply and instruments (this definitely makes the most sense!).

I will go with Truppensanitätsausrüstung. This abbreviation certainly was a tough nut to crack!

Thanks for all your help!

Best Regards,

Brian Burmeister
Howard
Associate

Post by Howard »

Hi Fridgeman,

that was indeed the word I was looking for but couldn't find :(

Glad you cracked it 8)
Regards

Howard